Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

Minor Body/Trim Issues

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Question Minor Body/Trim Issues

While my car sits in storage over the winter, I've been thinking about a few things that bother me about the appearance. Here are 3 issues right off the top of my head. Are these known/typical issues with other A-Body guys out there?

1. Chrome trim at top of Rt/Lt fenders is very faded and does not match appearance of chrome trim on hood. This is a small pc approx. 2-3 inches. Does anyone know the name of this part? Is this a common issue?

2. Chrome trim on driver side hood (near grille) does not line up properly with chrome trim on front clip. This appears to be a fault in the hood rather than the actual trim. I've seen other W-25 hoods with this same alignment issue just by browsing the net. Does the hood need to be re-worked to fix this issue?

3. Plastic headlight bezel/shroud ??? is cracked in half. This is hard to see unless you are looking down from above the bumper. Do these crack often due to the stress of assembly in that area? Is this worth fixing? I'm assuming I would have to order a new bezel and have it painted body color?

I've referenced the 3 areas in the picture attached.

Thanks for your help !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
body.jpg (62.4 KB, 26 views)
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Hmmm, maybe I posted this thread in the wrong category??

Anyone out there have any input?
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM

It's in the right place, just not a very well-visited place.

I don't have a W25 hood, but the fender rear upper edge trim seems to be pot metal, while the hood rear trim seems to be chromed or polished stainless steel. or something. The former is the same as the door handles, the latter being like the stuff around the windows. It simply doesn't look 100% identical. The pot metal stuff will get 'bumps' after some wear and tear, the thinner stuff won't.
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
jfb

all of it sounds the same for all cars . I would though to save money expoxy behind the plastic piece and touch up the front then hand buff after the area to blend it in. this is with 2 early a bodys owned does anybody else have a opinion?