Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

1971 Fender Moldings Trim

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM

1971 Fender Moldings Trim

I have a 1971 Convertible Cutlass and I am looking for assistance in locating where to buy the fender wheel moldings that cover the entire wheel well. The ones I have now stop about midway around because of the side trim that runs along the side of the car. I am not putting the side trim back down the side of the car so I need the full fender trim. If anyone knows where I can purchase this from I would greatly appreciate the information.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:37 AM

The "Original Parts Group", www.opgi.com has them for 70-72 model years.

wheel opening moulding kit CT20217

Year One also caries them: WM372 Wheel opening molding set for 1970-1972 Cutlass S and 442 models.

I'm sure there are others that carry them also. They won't be cheap if they are any account. My replacements cost me near $100 per wheel.

Good luck
Old January 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM

I should have some decent used ones, but the package would be pretty large and add to the price coming from the West Coast. If you haven't posted a parts wanted ad give that a try. If you can't find a decent set at a price you like closer let me know and I'll see what it would cost to ship a set from here.
John
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Grant1424
I have a 1971 Convertible Cutlass and I am looking for assistance in locating where to buy the fender wheel moldings that cover the entire wheel well. The ones I have now stop about midway around because of the side trim that runs along the side of the car. I am not putting the side trim back down the side of the car so I need the full fender trim. If anyone knows where I can purchase this from I would greatly appreciate the information.
If your trim pieces are in good condition, or easily put back into good condition, don't throw them away. Requests come in fairly often for the side trim and the "midpoint" wheel opening pieces. If you've kept the plastic attaching pieces, even better. I just recently saw a book from Paddock about stainless steel restoration that I'm thinking of buying. I hope it's something my wife won't mind if I start doing it as a new hobby in the basement.

If you're going full wheel trim, are you also going to install the full length rocker chrome on the bottom rocker panel? It dresses up the car really nice IMO.

Please post some pics of your car. What color will it end up being?