Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Positive for Stefano

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2017, 12:55 PM

Thumbs up Positive for Stefano

Sorry this is a little late. I bought a car from Stefano a couple months ago and couldn't be happier. He under promised and over delivered as far as I am concerned. I'd buy another car from him again.
Old January 10th, 2017, 01:19 PM

pictures

Good to hear. Now let's see the car.
Old January 10th, 2017, 01:25 PM

X2!!! If not for Stefano We would not have our 4 speed Jetfire.
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM

Thanks guys. Glad to help out.
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Good to hear. Now let's see the car.
It is the 1970 Olds Cutlass S Post Coupe he had for sale a little while back. I was looking for a 1970-1972 car similar in basic appearance to my Dad's 1972 Cutlass 442 W30. I didn't want a rusted out MN car. I wanted something that my boys and I could play with and that we could use as a summertime daily driver. It already has a bunch of modifications, so I'm not going to feel guilty not restoring it. I think we'll tend to continue the theme of embracing modifications and see where it takes us.
Old December 30th, 2019, 04:14 PM

Hope all is well. How are things with the Post Coupe?
Old December 31st, 2019, 01:07 PM

Thank you for reaching out Stefano! I still love the car and I'm tickled every time I get to sit down and drive it. I'm still using it as my daily driver from May to October. It was 22F degrees when I drove it last this fall before putting it to bed for the winter. Shortly after that we got over a foot of snow, so it was about time. You might recall all the HVAC equipment was removed from the car at some point in it's life, so it gets a little chilly driving it when it's below freezing with no heat. From time-to-time I toy around with the idea of trying to find all the parts to at least get heat back in the car, but I think that's a pretty expensive proposition. A friend of mine is restoring a 1967 Firebird, and he just recently managed to scrounge up all the HVAC parts he needs, so that kind of gives me some inspiration to still consider it.

The car sure is a conversation starter. Folks come up to me all the time and want to talk about that car. 1970 Cutlass cars must have been popular back in the day because quite a few folks can walk up and ask me if it's a 1970 Cutlass and then they go on to tell me how they had one years ago. Everyone wishes they kept their car too.

The car has really exceeded my expectations.

All that said I'm considering getting another A-body Oldsmobile, but one that needs some work so I can be more involved in bringing out it's full potential. The car you sold me was pretty much turn-key, and I can continue to drive it while working on another one. Cars that nice are exceptionally rare in MN, so I've taken it upon myself to buy some welders and teach myself how to weld. I'm getting pretty proficient with MIG and stick welding. Christmas was good to me and I received a lot of TIG welding supplies for my TIG welder, so I'm going to jump into learning that in the next few days.

I really can't thank you enough Stefano. I'd definitely buy another car from you again, and when I'm ready for the next one I'll reach out to you and see if you have something or know of something that would meet my needs.
Old January 1st, 2020, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I was curious as to how the car was progressing, but glad to know that you are driving and enjoying it, when the weather permits.