MILLION quest.65-TRANSFORMER PLAN-brake/spindels options

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2011, 03:21 AM

MILLION quest.65-TRANSFORMER PLAN-brake/spindels options

Hy guys,
i plan to convert slowly my car look and handling in the mild pro touring level .....maybe more look than handling,donīt know for know,it depends on the discussion here and the next dentist bill$$

The problem is, the transformation must go (as much as if its possible) step by step and i donīt want to buy any
parts now,maybe like spindels to see later canīt use it with any after market upper arms...or ball joints or anything.

You can see iīm a rookie in this area and i need your advice and help- WANT TO HEAR EVERYTHING !!
------------------------------------
Transformer Plan:

Convert from my existing front 11" disc to maybe a 12" system and later (save penny's) change to 17" or 18" Big wheels/tire combo and DROP the car as much as possible(w/o Airride).

About the front:
wanted to swap to bigger brakes but without change height for now-if possible:

#found this 12" spindel/brake kit :6472SWBK-D12-UG
http://www.classicperform.com/NewPro...opSpindles.htm
Anyone know if i can use the kit with my existing spindels, or not possible because other bearing diam.from 1LE Rotors?
--Donīt know which spindels the preowner use to convert to disk,maybe you can help me to ident. it if itīs possible for my answer!Seems a little bit to much outboard but not sure.--

#give me a idea which other company's or guys sells 12"brake kit or can help?

#or any other options,maybe from other cars 12" discs?
(keep in mine-no junkyard here)

# read about a narrow (but only 11")track system from ECI....good idea to start....not required??
http://ecihotrodbrakes.com/early_che...nversions.html

About the rear:
i have a little more room than stock because the use of a narrow rear end,but the rear are not the mainly problem for now.

....have a few more questions and sure your too, so let me know if you need spindel measurements or pics ....but please speak Sloooowly.

Regards from Germany
D.R