71 cutlass master cylinder to pro portioning valve

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2015, 01:41 PM

71 cutlass master cylinder to pro portioning valve

Hi Guys,

Helping my son with his car and we ran into a problem. I need a drawing, or exploded view of the master cylinder to the pro portioning valve line routing.
We are installing a in line tube disc conversion kit, very little issues, but ran into this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, mike
Old August 10th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by gearhead08
Hi Guys,

Helping my son with his car and we ran into a problem. I need a drawing, or exploded view of the master cylinder to the pro portioning valve line routing.
We are installing a in line tube disc conversion kit, very little issues, but ran into this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, mike
The factory routing is in the Assembly Manual. The question is, which ILT kit did you get? ILT sells line kits for the combo valve in the stock location on the frame rail, and also sells conversion kits with the combo valve on a bracket under the master cylinder. If you have the latter, there are no diagrams. Contact ILT. Also, do you have a stock cast iron combo valve or an aftermarket brass one? This may change routing also.

Frankly, the lines really only go on one way. The threaded fittings are different sizes (at least, they are on OEM hardware). Rear port on the M/C goes to upper rear port on the combo valve (next to the differential pressure switch terminal). Front port from the M/C goes to the upper front port on the combo valve. Rear brake line goes out the back of the combo valve to the axle. Two front lines come out the front of the combo valve.
Old August 17th, 2015, 06:03 PM

Joe,
I have the stock kit brass valve mounted on the frame rail. What I need is a picture of the supply lines off a 71 to see how they "flow" or lay if you know what I'm saying. I have gained Aton of knowledge on Oldsmobiles on this site and I see you everywhere out here. Thank again for sharing the knowledge . -Mike