66 Cutlass Midnight Rider

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM

66 Cutlass Midnight Rider

Guys:
I am looking to put all new plumbing on the car while the body is still off of it. I talked to the guys at Inline Tube and they were very helpful w/ info for the fuel and brake lines. My question is, have any of you dealt w/ them in the past, if you have, how was the quality of the parts and service? Are there any better companies to deal with out there? Is there a real need to use stainless steel instead of OEM type materials, the car will most likely never see bad weather after it is finished.
Thanks Ron
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:03 AM

Wink

I used Inline for both brake and fuel lines on my '66 442 that I finished last year. Everything went smoothly and the pre-bent lines I bought were actually pretty easy to install, even with the body on the frame and the rear end housing installed. The clips worked just fine. As for stainless vs. steel, well I think that's a personal preference. The old steel lines lasted for 45 years so I put steel back on. I did convert to a dual m/c but other than that, I am still running drum all around. Again, drum vs disk is a personal call.

Good luck with your project

Nufo(Fred)
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

I've used both Inline and Right Stuff and been happy with products from both. My one (minor) ding on ILT is that I ordered several items from them at Spring Carlisle and shipping was delayed by about six weeks due to a back order. I don't have a problem with the delay, but I do have a problem with the complete lack of communication from them about the delay. I had to call them to figure out what was going on. Seems like today it would be easy to simply fire off a status email.
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM

Guys:
Thanks for the feedback, this great information.
Thanks Ron