1969 F85 Brake Master Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM

1969 F85 Brake Master Cylinder?

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before. I'm restoring my 69 F85 W31. I'd like to get a correct appearing, new/restored Master Cylinder for my car. It is a non-p/b car, but it now has front disk brakes instead of the original drum.

As you can see from the attached photos, these two restored cars have different looking master cylinders. Any experts care to say which is correct?

So can someone direct me to a vendor who can supply the correct appearing part? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
69 Ram Rod eng.jpg (79.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg
BlueW31e.jpg (78.6 KB, 42 views)
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by italian ice
Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before. I'm restoring my 69 F85 W31. I'd like to get a correct appearing, new/restored Master Cylinder for my car. It is a non-p/b car, but it now has front disk brakes instead of the original drum.

As you can see from the attached photos, these two restored cars have different looking master cylinders. Any experts care to say which is correct?

So can someone direct me to a vendor who can supply the correct appearing part? Thanks
One car has a master cylinder for drum brakes, and the other has a master for disc brakes. Check with supercars unlimited
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM

actually neither one is correct. however the one on the blue car is close. it's only missing the bleeders on the master. for drum brakes, manual and power brakes is the same master cylinder. You'd be VERY surprised what you can get from the local carquest. I picked up the correct code drum brake master with bleeders from them a few years ago. CT code if I remember correctly.
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Thank you for the feed back. I'll definitely check with Supercars.