Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Another rusty wagon

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Another rusty wagon

I recently acquired a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass wagon. It has rust basically all over being from Kansas. From what i've read the front clip and doors will interchange with a four door cutlass. However that still leaves me with rusty quarters. It seem s that no one sells patch panels or full quarters yet. Is finding a good used set of quarters my only other option? Will it matter if they're from a vista?

I normally wouldn't mess with a car this far gone but it was bought new in '70 by a relative and my wife wants to see it back to its former glory.

I've searched the forums and found most of the answers contain "good luck" or "haha, good one."

Thanks,
J.R.
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 70indyolds
I recently acquired a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass wagon. It has rust basically all over being from Kansas. From what i've read the front clip and doors will interchange with a four door cutlass. However that still leaves me with rusty quarters. It seem s that no one sells patch panels or full quarters yet. Is finding a good used set of quarters my only other option? Will it matter if they're from a vista?

I normally wouldn't mess with a car this far gone but it was bought new in '70 by a relative and my wife wants to see it back to its former glory.

I've searched the forums and found most of the answers contain "good luck" or "haha, good one."

Thanks,
J.R.
From the firewall forward, the sheet metal is the same as on any other Cutlass from that year (allowing for model trim differences like grills, etc). The wagon front doors interchange with 70-72 Town Sedan (four door post). The rear doors are unique to the flattop wagon. Vista quarters from the beltline down should be the same, as the wheelbase difference is all in the rear doors. Vista tailgates interchange as well (again allowing for single action vs dual action tailgates).
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:08 PM

Thank you for the information! I'll keep searching!
Old May 10th, 2018, 08:06 PM

Good luck! Ha ha, good one!