Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Southern New Jersey Body Shop?

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Chris

Southern New Jersey Body Shop?

I am looking for a reputable body/paint man in southern new jersey, in the mays landing or surrounding area. I have found one man who does this work pretty well but I want to compare him to some further options. I am looking to get a job done to make a nice solid driver, ($5,000 job) not a 100 point concours $12,000 - $15,000 job. I have a beautiful set of fenders, doors, and trunk lid that have no rust, although there is a dent in the fender that needs to be repaired. I have a pair of sail panels that I cut out of a car which are pretty good, to be welded in with a small amount of rust near the window (mine are totally shot). I have the quarter skins from year one to be welded in. I have yet to get a trunk filler panel to weld in, and will also need the rear section where the trunk latch and weatherstrip channel goes welded in from another car since mine is a little dented up... I will be taking my vinyl top off and having tha are painted. Looking for someone to do all welding, prepping, priming, and painting. I am hoping that since I have most of the panels already that I might be able to get a decent job for around $5,000, but please cure me from any delusions I may have
Thanks!
Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Registered Luser

Chris, since you asked, very dillusional.....paint and materials alone will be 25% of that, and that's using the low end stuff. Save some more money, then start looking again. You will be happy you did.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Chris

Eric, thanks for the reply. When you said 25% of that, you mean 25% of what number?
Thanksm Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM

If you want to make the trek to Wilmington than I've used this http://accubody.com this small mom and pop shop. It took me years to find a shop I like that does great work at a good price. Since finding them I've sent several jobs to them and each time they've always surpassed my expectations.

As an example, they painted this Dodge which included cutting out and replacing both rockers and rear wheel lips, two toning and wet sanding for $4K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_4782.jpg (106.7 KB, 8 views)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Chris

Hullinger, you mean Wilmington DE? Thats not too far away, and it would be worth it. Do they have project photos on the website?
Thanks man,
Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM

Yup, Wilmington, DE. This is just a little shop with 3 or 4 employees so they don't spent much effort on their website. I do however have gobs of pics at various stages of the resto. If you want to see any just send me your email. Accu-body mainly does insurance work but occasionally I'll see some pretty cool cars come through like a '65 Riveria, a '53 Nash that was a body only and on a dolly, an old Bronco and so on.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Registered Luser

Chris, 25% is the 5k.....if the other guy has someone to do what you need that cheap, let us know....post several pics too!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM

OldsS

I shot four emails over to you. Hopefully they came through.

Chris
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Chris

Thanks Chris, yes they came through. Im going to check them out tonight. Thanks so much
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Chris

Anyone else have any ideas, on bodyshops in the area? Any other people have experience with the Wilmington DE shop?
Thanks