Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

72 Cutlass S Rear Lower Inner Quarter Panels?

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM

72 Cutlass S Rear Lower Inner Quarter Panels?

I need to replace my 1972 Cutlass S 2 door lower quarter panels behind the wheels (inside the trunk and outside). It appears that water got into the trunk and rusted out the lower inner pockets behind the wheels. I picked up the car this way and now want to get it resolved, so it keeps the animals out.

Do they make patches for rear part of the lower quarter panels and what do they make to replace the inner lower part behind the wheels? That is the only rust on this car.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by yankees
I need to replace my 1972 Cutlass S 2 door lower quarter panels behind the wheels (inside the trunk and outside). It appears that water got into the trunk and rusted out the lower inner pockets behind the wheels. I picked up the car this way and now want to get it resolved, so it keeps the animals out.

Do they make patches for rear part of the lower quarter panels and what do they make to replace the inner lower part behind the wheels? That is the only rust on this car.
The only available repro quarter panels are the Chinesium partial quarters that everyone sells. There is no smaller panel. Cut what you need from it.