emblems

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Car Whisperer

emblems

search of this thread did not reveal much. curious, are all the emblems on a 1967 Cutlass held on with either barrel or speed nuts? are any just pressed in with pins on the emblem or just "stuck" on?

this car has the cutlass emblems on the front fenders which are the main ones I am curious about removing prior to paint. I am assuming the trunk lid emblems all have a barrel or speed nut on them.

also there is a chrome or polished straight trim piece below the doors along the rocker panel that run the length of the side below the doors.

thanx for any input.
Old March 8th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Administrator

The emblems are held on by barrel or speed nuts. The side molding is held on by a combination of barrel nuts, clips, and screws. The doors are the hard ones to remove and install with clips in the center and screws on the ends.
Old March 9th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Car Whisperer

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
The emblems are held on by barrel or speed nuts. The side molding is held on by a combination of barrel nuts, clips, and screws. The doors are the hard ones to remove and install with clips in the center and screws on the ends.
what I was afraid of, the fender ones look like a chore to get to in order to remove. thanx for the help!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Car Whisperer

what about the side trim on the lower doors. from inside, it looks like possibly a plastic or nylon insert for push pins or maybe something that twists off. definitely not a barrel or speed nut as it is kind of flat on the top and bottom. don't want to pry on something that doesn't work that way. still trying to get to the fender side emblems. got all the trunk stuff off and the center post aluminum trim off. now going to also look at how the upper door frame aluminum trim comes off. looks like it is pinched on mostly.
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Administrator

There are screws on each end of the door trim. Remove the screws and with the door open slide the trim to the rear of the car. There are slots on the bottom of the trim that will line up with the plastic clips.
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Car Whisperer

ok, so that is the lower trim on the sides of the door correct? thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Yes, they look like this:

http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts....p?number=DCM67
Old May 12th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Car Whisperer

that is them!! thank you!!!!!!!!

will try to get those off tomorrow then onto the upper door frame trim.

we are getting the car ready for paint so trying to get as much off as we can.
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:27 PM

I just started stripping my front fenders, the drivers side 442 emblem had speed nuts and the passenger side 442 emblem had push in clips. Im sure the passenger fender had been replaced sometime in this cars life.
Each of the short pieces of stainless trim just behind each door, has 2 speed nuts and one of the plastic clips like the one Eric has shown you above.
Old May 13th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Administrator

My moldings behind the doors had the speed nuts and a screw inside the fender lip. The ones on the lower fender in front of the door had 2 metal clips and a screw in the wheel lip. I can't remember what was at the very front by the bumper.

The remaining clips on the body were these:
Old May 13th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Car Whisperer

Originally Posted by steverw
I just started stripping my front fenders, the drivers side 442 emblem had speed nuts and the passenger side 442 emblem had push in clips. Im sure the passenger fender had been replaced sometime in this cars life.
Each of the short pieces of stainless trim just behind each door, has 2 speed nuts and one of the plastic clips like the one Eric has shown you above.
could you have removed the fender emblems without removing the fender? thanx!!!
Old May 13th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Car Whisperer

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
My moldings behind the doors had the speed nuts and a screw inside the fender lip. The ones on the lower fender in front of the door had 2 metal clips and a screw in the wheel lip. I can't remember what was at the very front by the bumper.

The remaining clips on the body were these:
Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!