Body and Paint Guy in Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2014, 04:59 AM

Body and Paint Guy in Ohio?

Does anyone know someone that does paint and body in Ohio? I know of a couple, just looking at more options.
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:24 AM

What area of Ohio? I know a really good guy in Lagrange but he usually has a pretty good backlog and he is far from cheap. He is however the best I know of. He has done cars that have been in magazines, catalog covers and rolled across the blocks at Barrett Jackson. Just depends what you are looking for.

Last edited by chadman; September 9th, 2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by chadman
What area of Ohio? I know a really good guy in Lagrange but he usually has a pretty good backlog and he is far from cheap. He is however the best I know of. He has done cars that have been in magazines, catalog covers and rolled across the blocks at Barrett Jackson. Just depends what you are looking for.
That's pretty far from me, plus I don't want to spend 10k plus on paint I'm hoping 4-8
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:28 AM

Yeah he would probably be out of that range if you need any body work. He did my buddys '87 GN a few years ago. My buddy took it to him stripped to bare metal, all trim removed. The car needed zero rust repair and about three door dings fixed. It was 4k straightened, shot with base/clear, sanded and buffed but when he was done you could read the fine print on your beer can in the reflection of the black paint.

When you start needing metal work and panels hung and aligned the price doubles or triples real easy. His rates really aren't bad as he is only at $50 per hour. He is just so miticulous that the hours add up and that's the only way he will do it so the price gets up there.

Good luck in your search!