Radiator recore in Pacific Northwest?

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2018, 08:37 PM

Radiator recore in Pacific Northwest?

Does anyone know of any radiator shops in the Northwest that would be able to recore an original Harrison radiator from a 1968 Cutlass? Thanks!
Old July 16th, 2018, 09:53 PM

Hello
from just south of you
https://www.google.com/search?q=radi...4!2i583!4f13.1

I have been told several time from different people to go here .... old school shop ..
I lived in Kirkland for 35 years... my old Kirkland guy died and the nephew took over and is use less ... AAA radiator went out of business in Redmond .... rent to many $$$$
cool dude ........ maybe call Rich at Richs car corner or stop in the car lot on hiway 99
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...AqkQoioIkgEwDA

drop in after work late afternoon or call first asking for Rich ...
His wife will possible answer .... just let em know whats up your looking for a radiator shop ... they are real cool car guys ......... stop by and check out richs rides tho ....

around 500 plus to do a big radiator these days .....

what tanks you runnin on your harrison ..... 4 row .... whats your letter codes...

XJ IF

Scott T from Lacey

ever hear of Mikey on Hiway 2 on ebey island slough with 100 cutlass's ????
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

Covet these old-school radiator shops. They are disappearing fast. Here in the Wash DC area (where no one fixes anything anymore), they are all gone. The nearest ones to me are in Winchester, VA and Hagerstown, MD. Fortunately I live far enough from the metro area that those drives aren't bad.
Old July 17th, 2018, 09:39 AM

I had to have the radiator in my '78 Toro recored, and I just took it to a local radiator shop. They didn't do the recoring themselves. Rather, they sent it off, and I have no idea where. But it came back done right, and it has been back in the car for a year now with no problems.

My point is, I wouldn't necessarily assume that your only choice is to find a local recore shop. Just find a good radiator shop, might be a small mom-and-pop place (the one I go to is about the size of an old Fotomat kiosk and looks like it was built in 1925, but the guys are great and know their stuff), and see what they say about getting it recored. Chances are they have someone they work with who might not be local but who they've long worked with and will do the job just fine.