torker intake

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM

torker intake

Will a torker intake fit ander the stock hood of a 65 cutlass with a drop-style aircleaner? motor is a 455.

Panos

Last edited by panos; February 12th, 2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Texas Jim

Originally Posted by panos
Would a torker intake fit ander the stock hood of a 65 cutlass with a drop-style aircleaner? motor is a 455.

Panos
Not to be off-topic, but are you from Sweden? Or are you American? And did you get that Olds there in Sweden? Man, how cool is that, having a hot '60s street car over there.
Old February 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Yes i live in sweden but im actually Greek and the car was sold new here,when i got it 45 yrs later and 29 owners it didnt look that good i had to do alot of work to save it from the junkyard.

Panos
Old February 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Panos,

Hows the engine build comming along. Don't have a good answer on the hooid clearence, but it seems to me you will be ok but might have to use an aftermarket air cleaner.
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Texas Jim

Originally Posted by panos
Yes i live in sweden but im actually Greek and the car was sold new here,when i got it 45 yrs later and 29 owners it didnt look that good i had to do alot of work to save it from the junkyard.

Panos

WOW! Sold new there, and 29 owners, neat! Guys like you and American hot rod cars in that part of the world blow me away. More power to ya'. It's a great looking car, and must be a real novelty there. My very best to you and the ride.
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Panos,

Hows the engine build coming along. Don't have a good answer on the hood clearence, but it seems to me you will be ok but might have to use an aftermarket air cleaner.
It's coming along well. Got his cam when you got yours, Hydraulic Roller, using SRP 206072 4032 Forged Flat tops, Mahle Rings, strapped and studded mains, Nodular Crank, Moroso 7qt. pan, all ARP fasteners, Quick Fuel SS-830 Carb and C castings with some minor bowl work, studs, guide plates etc. Balanced, align honed, square decked, bored with BHJ plate, and honed with torque plates. Lotsa new parts.
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Sounds great, he'll be happy man
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Texas Jim

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
It's coming along well. Got his cam when you got yours, Hydraulic Roller, using SRP 206072 4032 Forged Flat tops, Mahle Rings, strapped and studded mains, Nodular Crank, Moroso 7qt. pan, all ARP fasteners, Quick Fuel SS-830 Carb and C castings with some minor bowl work, studs, guide plates etc. Balanced, align honed, square decked, bored with BHJ plate, and honed with torque plates. Lotsa new parts.
WOW, sounds like a runner.
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Yes thats gonna be a great sleeper to scare the hell out of some imports here hehe,compression will be at about 11:1.I have to give big credits to Mark who is helping me with the build,and i cant wait to hear it run im like a schoolboy right now

Jim thank u for the compliments i appreciate that.
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:45 AM

Yes,it will clear the hood.
Do you know Peirre? I'm not sure how close or far apart you guys are in Sweden,but he has a nice collection of Oldsmobiles.There are a few others that he knows as well.
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by 507OLDS
Yes,it will clear the hood.
Do you know Peirre? I'm not sure how close or far apart you guys are in Sweden,but he has a nice collection of Oldsmobiles.There are a few others that he knows as well.
I heard of that guy but i think he lives up north a bit i live at the bottom end of the country.Thanks for the reply we were going to use the performer but i thought the torker is a better choice for that build.I think i m gonna get back to u in a while after i blow up my rear end with that motor,hope u can send parts to sweden