Fuel Pump Replacement.

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM

Fuel Pump Replacement.

Im in the middle of a a carb and intake swap and thought its probably a good time to change the fuel pump as well. I have a holly fuel pump but it doesnt have the fitting for the fuel return line,can I still use this pump or do I need a different one? Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Stevec
Im in the middle of a a carb and intake swap and thought its probably a good time to change the fuel pump as well. I have a holly fuel pump but it doesnt have the fitting for the fuel return line,can I still use this pump or do I need a different one? Thanks.
Every Holley pump I've ever seen has provision for fuel return, but that port may have a plug if it wasn't used. In any case, you can use the pump without fuel return. Just cap the line going back to the tank. Fuel return is a good thing to have, however, to avoid fuel percolation, particularly with today's ethanol-loaded gasoline.
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Joe,thanks for the reply. The new Holly has 1 in port and 2 out ports one of wich is blocked off. Can I use one of the out ports as a return line? Thanks again.
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Stevec
Joe,thanks for the reply. The new Holly has 1 in port and 2 out ports one of wich is blocked off. Can I use one of the out ports as a return line? Thanks again.
That's what it's there for. Unscrew the plug, install the appropriate brass fitting.