W-25 Hose Question...

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM

W-25 Hose Question...

Hey All,
Was replacing the air cleaner in my new '70 convert and when I put the W-25 portion back on top of the air cleaner there was a 1/2 inch or so hose coming directly out of the back and I can not for the life of me see where it is supposed to go? There is nothing on the intake manifold that would take a hose this large and when it is running I can't hear any kind of leak/noise that would indicate something was amiss. She still seems to run the same and no other issues have arisen. Seems kind of silly but is this some sort of "Breather" out the back? A little help would be much appreciated...
Thanks, Scott...
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Uly49
Hey All,
Was replacing the air cleaner in my new '70 convert and when I put the W-25 portion back on top of the air cleaner there was a 1/2 inch or so hose coming directly out of the back and I can not for the life of me see where it is supposed to go? There is nothing on the intake manifold that would take a hose this large and when it is running I can't hear any kind of leak/noise that would indicate something was amiss. She still seems to run the same and no other issues have arisen. Seems kind of silly but is this some sort of "Breather" out the back? A little help would be much appreciated...
Thanks, Scott...
It's a water drain hose for driving in the rain.
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM

if you don't have it on there the water will drain right on top of the distributor. i think it just points down to the top of the transmission but not sure.
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM

Driving an Olds in the rain....surely you jest......

I haven't driven my 71 Monte Carlo in the rain since 1984.....My Oldsmobiles not since I have owned them for over 20 years now....It's against every principle I stand for.....It's just not right....I can't even remember what the wiper blades look like on any of my classic cars.....it's like the question about how many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie roll toostie pop......the world may never know...Oldsdroptop