71 Convertible repro pillar post pads

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2009, 06:55 PM

71 Convertible repro pillar post pads

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the repro pillar post pads. I'm not sure if there the same for the hard top as the convertible, but I noticed that the repro's don't have the contour like the originals, as well as the holes not aligning. It seems simple enough to drill some new holes but it seems like it may need some adhesive to get the middles to contour like the originals, and i don't know how the adhesive will hold up to changing weather. The other option is to send the originals to Just Dashes and have them repadded for a c note a piece. Just dashes did my dash and I couldn't be happier.
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM

I'm thinking about replacing the pillar posts in my convertible so any info to share is appreciated. Pics would be great, too.

By the way fjross, from whom did you buy your pillars?
Old October 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by stlbluesbrother
I'm thinking about replacing the pillar posts in my convertible so any info to share is appreciated. Pics would be great, too.

By the way fjross, from whom did you buy your pillars?
I picked up the pillar post from Fusick. There is a brand name embosed on the back of them that I can post tomorrow when I get to work. They look fine except that they are not curved like the original ones, I just sent my old ones out to Just Dashes to have them recovered. They did a fantastic jod on my dash pad.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by fjross
...., I just sent my old ones out to Just Dashes to have them recovered. They did a fantastic jod on my dash pad.
Hi fjross. Please report back (with pics ) once your pillar posts are returned. Thanks.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM

Hi fjross. Please report back (with pics ) once your pillar posts are returned. Thanks.
Just an update, I got a call from Just Dashes and they said they are scheduled to be worked on and should be shipped by the end of the week. I will keep you posted.

Dave
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:07 AM

How much do they rape a guy to redo a dash for a 72 Cutlass at that Just Dashes place and how does it look?
Old October 25th, 2009, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by 442_Mustang
How much do they rape a guy to redo a dash for a 72 Cutlass at that Just Dashes place and how does it look?
About a year ago they got $900.00 for the dash which includes shipping. Most dashes that I've seen have a little sag over the instrument cluster. I was specific with this problem and they took care of it. There work is top notch show quality and you pay for it. I couldn't be happier with it, I posted some pics in this forum under (GM part numbers). If you go on Just Dashes site, they have a video tutorial actually doing a 442 dash for a TV series.

Dave
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by fjross
Just an update, I got a call from Just Dashes and they said they are scheduled to be worked on and should be shipped by the end of the week. I will keep you posted.

Dave

Hey Dave, any news to share? As you can tell I'm curious and don't want to forget this thread.

Mike
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:14 AM

Hey Dave, any news to share? As you can tell I'm curious and don't want to forget this thread.

Mike
I should be receiving them this week since I already got the bill on Friday. They were $200.00 plus $25.00 shipping and insurance. I will take some pics and let you know as soon as I get them. The repro's looked fine except that they don't have the contour like the originals.

Dave