Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

Just Saved a Bunch on a new Gas tank

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Brent in Georgia

Just Saved a Bunch on a new Gas tank

Found the mfg in Iowa that makes the "universal" tanks that the "other" places sell for almost 2 times more and really reasonable shipping. It may be a universal tank, but fits 41-55 Olds. www.tanksinc.com
They also had the sending unit/pickup for 1/2 everybody else. And they include the BOLTS for the hanger straps.
Really nice people, they said to CALL for other years and they maybe able to find a tank that fits, or even make one.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:40 PM

Tanks Inc. gas tanks

Originally Posted by blento
Found the mfg in Iowa that makes the "universal" tanks that the "other" places sell for almost 2 times more and really reasonable shipping. It may be a universal tank, but fits 41-55 Olds. www.tanksinc.com
They also had the sending unit/pickup for 1/2 everybody else. And they include the BOLTS for the hanger straps.
Really nice people, they said to CALL for other years and they maybe able to find a tank that fits, or even make one.

X2
I've bought two tanks from them. The latest for my 47 Olds. It is actually a Buick tank. I just had to do some figuring on where the fueling inlet was likely to locate on the tank which was halfway between front and back. They said their Buick tank for the same years would fit and it did. This was about 5 years back and yes, their follow up service was great too.
Jerry