2spd jetway trans- switch pitch questions...

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM

2spd jetway trans- switch pitch questions...

Thanks to those in the electric forum- that sent me here.

So I'm told the yellow and blue wires from the intake solenoid mechanism go down to the transmission and have something to do with the torque converter or pitch switching (lol).

So- how do I defeat these wires? I am installing a 4bbl and edelbrock (if I can get it to fit) or offenhauser dual plane low-rise intake.

What do I need to do to be able to use the factory 2speed transmission in this 1964 F-85 with the new intake/carb?

Thanks in advance!
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by |-K|=K
Thanks to those in the electric forum- that sent me here.

So I'm told the yellow and blue wires from the intake solenoid mechanism go down to the transmission and have something to do with the torque converter or pitch switching (lol).

So- how do I defeat these wires? I am installing a 4bbl and edelbrock (if I can get it to fit) or offenhauser dual plane low-rise intake.

What do I need to do to be able to use the factory 2speed transmission in this 1964 F-85 with the new intake/carb?

Thanks in advance!
Why do you want to defeat them? One is the electric kickdown and the other is the torque converter stator pitch, which changes the stall speed.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Well, the car was purchased after a small carburetor fire. The ignition, most wiring, and fuel system is pretty toasted. Unless I can get a replacement solenoid and parts to re-create this setup with the new intake and carburetor I will be using, I'm not sure how the transmission will react.

Are these parts still available anywhere so that they may be replicated on the new intake?