Tech Editor's Desk Projects, papers, writings, thoughts, musings of our technical editor Joe Padavano. To begin with, he will be making threads and can approve posts to it if he wishes. This can be changed in the future if it does not work out well.

71 Supreme grill/stone guard install

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2019, 04:42 PM
JS71SX

71 Supreme grill/stone guard install

The upper mounting hole is the place in question. When I place the assembly up for mounting the grill mount hole is close to the middle set of holes on the bracket to the left.

I think there is a piece missing or maybe it's my memory?
I am trying to reassemble the car after tear down from paint and powder coating. The grills get installed onto the stone guard and this all gets installed as an entire assembly
to the top of the core support along with L & RH grill support brackets. What I am trying to figure out is there are 2 mounting holes for the inward part of the grills. 1 bolts is for the stone guard, the other looks as if it should mount to the core support bracket. I had the entire core support powder coated and am thinking there is a peice missing. I have attached pics. Any help would be apreciated.