w-30 heads spotted

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM

w-30 heads spotted

Guys when I tell you this you might want to choke me. About three months ago a guy that I know told me about a woman here in Alabama close to me that had a oldsmotor in a regal and to make long story short I found the car and the lady and sure enough it had a oldsmotor in it. She told me her friend put the motor in the car when her stock V8 blew and she has know use for it now. I don't know much about oldsmobile motors but learning now. What I do remember is the motor came out a w-30 car the woman only wanted $250 for the car. Like a fool I didn't buy it at the time and I'm going tomorrow to try and buy the car again if it's still there. I post up tomorrow the out come of the car. I had to edit this as of 9-13-06. The car is still there but the lady has went up on the price of the car 10fo, lol I will try to get some pics this week and work the price back down. Sorry for saying the car had w-30 heads on it guys.
Old September 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM

The reason the lady has no use for the car is because she said that she was scared to drive this car with this motor in it. The car is a two door 82 reagal (peg leg) and she told me every time she tried to drive it to town it would just spin spin and spin the tires all over the place and she didn't want to have a wreck. The car was off the road parked around a bunch of other junk cars in the woods. So I just hope this auto and motor is still there tomorrow.
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

I don't believe I've ever seen or even heard of heads with "W-30" on them. Perhaps it was an intake with "W-455" on it?

C.J.
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Banned

heads don't have w-30 on them.
tell that fairy tale somewhere else.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:43 PM

w-30 heads

well not defending the guy or nothing but we never really know if olds never stamped "w-30" into a set of heads...it might be one of those abnormalities that hasent seen the light of day till now...i say have him post a pic and let the peanut gallery decide cause olds has done some odd ball stuff and he might have stumbled upon a rare find that never really hit production cause all car makers had a "skunk work" program of some kind and they might have been a set of experamental heads a worker took home after research....who knows if it a fairy tale or not...id like to see a pic.
Old September 13th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by badd andy
heads don't have w-30 on them.
tell that fairy tale somewhere else.
Not the one to tell a tale. What I did find out is the motor was in a w-30 car. Sorry for the miss print guys. Like I said I'm not a oldsmobile guru. But maybe getting back in the game with a oldsmobile power plant. Fords I know , Chevys I know, Oldsmobiles hardly anyone knows. Since I started talking to the older guys in my town I have found out more about oldsmobiles than I have found on the net. except for this site.