quick disconnect starter wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

quick disconnect starter wiring harness

ok guy's i bought this quick disconnect starter harness but the main power feed batt. cable is 12 gauge the o.e. is huge dont know the gauge size but it's huge compared to the 12 gauge. I bought this kit because its a p.i.t.a to undo the wires while the header is loose and hanging in my way. has anyone use this kit before and how the heck or where do i splice it there is no way this can be wired with the o.e. battery cable and it be safe . I could be wrong . Any help is appreciated i havent installed it yet and this is more of a nice perk than a nessecity .
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM

who's kit is it I was thinking the same thing it would be nice to be able to unhook and drop that thing. Would also be nice to put a inline starter in it to while your at it I wonder what american wire or others could rig up
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I bought the kit from summit. I just read on one of the other forums the batt. wire stays the batt. wire it does not change the wires are intended for the small ones that suck to get out. I just thought of this though i think im going to buy a junction block and make the batt. cable a quick disconnect as well. Tired of cooking my starter wires and having to replace em every year.