Potential New parts for the SBO

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2011, 04:53 PM

Potential New parts for the SBO

I saw these today at the PRI, the pix don't do them justice, they are first class.
http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79870
I put this under SBO heading because they will fit the SBO with a BBO Victor intake. Plus the runners are small enough for good velocity, even with less than 400c.i. Of course they will work on the BBO's as well, as they flow about 330cfm at .700 on the intake and almost 300 on the exhaust. They are patterned after the ever successful SB2.

Also I spoke to a few other manufacturers, I will wait to confirm the info but it seems there may be some new parts available for the sometimes forgotten SBO in the near future. When I confirm I will pass it along, I hope what I was told is true.

I'll keep you posted!!!

P.S. Unfortunately I learned of some bad news today as well. The owner and founder of Scorpion Racing products and his wife, Rob and Teresa Stopanio, were killed in a one car accident on Oct. 29. I worked with him years ago. He was a hard working guy, whether you agreed with his methods or not, and pioneered a lot of great products in the automotive industry. He was 48.
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

finally !!!! more options im big into sbo's those look awesome . I just hope the pricing starts to get better. The procomps seem to be getting some support. I have seem many olds vendors even rrp selling them and with pricing like that who could argue i wish this had happened a year ago when i dumped 1100 into iron heads.
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM

The WPE heads will be well over 2k, but you're looking at 2 different animals between those and the Edelbrock/Procomps.
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM

Oh i know these heads will be worth more. For a hardcore sbo guy these will be the ticket since the other heads out there like rocket racing's you have to use their intake this will give you some more options as far as intake choice goes. With the edelbrock's you need extensive work to make serious hp. I see these being taylored to the serious race guy's but again more options are better and it opens up the market for more reaserch and development for the sbo. Im sure edelbrock will notice and they might bring out something new .
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM

Zed is the man unless you talk to Bill LOL.

RIP Rob and Teresa Stopanio.
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM

Id buy a set. Looking good zed
Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
For a hardcore sbo guy these will be the ticket since the other heads out there like rocket racing's you have to use their intake.
I run Rocket Racing heads and yes you have to use their intake. Not sure why you don't like the intake. That combo made 730 HP with 3" of spacers. I got lazy and didn't want to make another air pan, so just use a 2" open spacer. Short shifting by 800 from peak HP nets us 9.90s to 10.0s depending on what we want to run for the day. The best so far has been a 9.68.........is there anything wrong with the intake? I would venture to say no. It's doing what I expect out of it.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM

There is nothing wrong with their intake. I'm just saying some guys like options . The rocket racing heads are great and the price aint bad either. But I'm sure guys out there would like to try the victor jr intake and so on. Rocket racing did my heads . Would I run their heads no I don't think for what I'm doin it would benefit me at all. Now if you buy some aluminum heads that have awesome flow capabilities but you can run an rpm intake . It's an investment as most race cars start as a street strip deal and eventually turn into all race. Buying a set of heads that will work on a 12 second car but later work on 9 second car that's a pair of heads you can buy and hold onto for a long time. The reason I mentioned the intake is because I don't see that intake being very good on the street. I'm sure it will work but I'm guessing it won't work well under 3k rpm. For a guy like me buying. A set of procomps or edelbrocks would work better as my car still see's alof of street time but down the road they can still be beificial to make more hp.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM

I guess I don't understand why guys go gaga over a set of heads that haven't been installed on a running engine. That goes for the Pro Comps and Zed's. I read your thread as knocking RR intake and we need better stuff. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM

No the last thing I would do is knock rr . I know a lot of those guys personally . I guess what I was getting at was versatility. John offers the procomps on his website and I think its for the guys who mainly do street strip combos. I spent 1100 on iron head last year. Had the procomps came out then I would have jumped all over them as another few hunderd bucks I would have had a better head. It's a much cheaper alternative than rebulding a set of iron heads. Am I bitter over what I paid heck no . I was just getting at the point that it would be nice to see a set of heads that would work on a very wide range of performance something you can more or less grow into over time. If edelbrock see procomp as a serious threat they might lower their price and re vamp their design who knows. I have seen a lot of guys offering the procomps hopefully the quality is there and the support is strong enough to get mass produced and lower the olds aluminum cylinder head price down. That is atleast for over the counter heads. I know what zed is offering and what rrp has is more specialty. It atleast opens up the market so we have more options let's hope the support is there.
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:39 AM

Update - I will know the status and details on 2 new crankshafts for the SBO by this time next week. I have been told they are in the works, however I don't know what stroke(s) or type (cast, forged) quite yet.
I will pass it along asap.

Merry Christmas guys!!!!!