307 Intake

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM

Lightbulb 307 Intake

Well not a question here. I just wanted to say that I had been having a shaking problem with my engine. I went through and checked all vacuum lines and the adjustments on the carb (all were very good right down to the dwell of the Idle Air Bleed, and the TPS setting) anyway I have 172,000 miles on it now and decided to try somthing. I fabricated a hose type unit to plug into the brake booster vacuum line and put a nozzle type unit on it with a hole just big enough for a "little red straw" from a can of throttle body/intake cleaner to fit into. I drove around a bit to get the engine hot and came back and hooked up the hose and sprayed the can of intake cleaner into the hose while the engine was running, (your engine will shake and you will shoot out some rancid black smoke out of the tail pipe) but when it was done, no more shake, ran smoother and my acceleration was much better. Don't know if it is what it is but it is for me so i thought i'd share. Any comments are welcome please.
Old December 16th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Sticky valve, perhaps. Had you tried spraying the cleaner down the carb?

C.J.
Old December 17th, 2006, 06:53 AM

Have not yet. Would it be that different than running it through the brake booster line on the rear of the carb?
Old December 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

No...I had just never heard of that way. If it stays "fixed", good going. If it starts again, I'd pull the valve covers and have a look-see.

C.J.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 06:57 PM

Sounds very similar to Seafoam. I have use Seafoam on my Chevy Truck by disconnecting the brake booster and letting the engine suck up about 8oz of the liquid, then turning it off. 30 minutes later you start the vehicle and get a beautifull plume of smoke/fog out of the exhaust. I am not a technical guy but I know it cleans out a bunch of junk!

Dave