wanted: big spring

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2013, 03:08 PM

wanted: big spring

not the coiled steel wire type

the seasonal type, where the temp stays above 20 for a few days, and I can get an Olds out for driving!

Dang, almost April and still cold. Got snowed on last Wednesday.
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Administrator

So much for global warming.
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nope, not going to happen. Talked to the Easter Bunny today and 'it' said the Meteorologists all took a vote and decided to eliminate Spring as a season and just stick with Cold, Colder, and Coldest. None of them are car people it seems.

Still waiting patiently with you and a lot of others. LOL, the weather here for the past 2 days actually made it up to 50 so we got some melting. It's 46 right now so I'm hoping to see the snow gone in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Last night driving in from out of town, I noticed the potholes (is that the right word?? for a moon sized crater) were getting really out of control. Seriously - some of them were over 8' long X 4' wide and a 1' deep or more. I half expected to be driving across the roof of some poor sap who got trapped in it.

Snow sucks, we have it 'forecast' for Sun or Monday...
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Nice T shirt weather down here in the South----feel real sorry for you alls conditions up in the North Pole.
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ferndaleflyer
Nice T shirt weather down here in the South----feel real sorry for you alls conditions up in the North Pole.
Seems someone has nothing to do with their salt down South but to throw into wounds. LOL
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL, salt? Naw we got thicker skin than that. Have to in order to survive the cold up here....To be honest I really don't think I'd be able to survive in FL. Even up here when it gets close to 80° I find it gets 'uncomfortable' and start looking for shade or a cool garage. Maybe even some ice cold brewskies.

Cold's not so bad if you think about it this way:

Insulation = warmth. We have good insulation in our homes and clothes. And we actually use the heaters in our cars.

Heat = ???comfort zone??? Hard to peel down any layers to get cool when you're already naked as a jaybird. (there's a picture you
didn't need to see).

I'm so used to the cold/snow that complaining about it is just a matter of 'due diligence' to let everyone else know how lucky they are.
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM

Salt---I thought that was what you all up there used to create those large rust holes in any automobile over 2 years old.......we are going racing today as usual. The sun is out, the sky is blue, not a cloud in sight, and the temp will be in the high 60s.........Looks like the Easter bunny might need an umbrella.
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:41 AM

Spring

SCREW THE COLD! I lived in Buffalo for 25 years I can't function when it gets "cold" down here. Anything below 50 deg and I'm not going to be cleaning parts in mineral spirits. My shop isn't heated, or cooled for that matter. Today it's a nice comfortable 76 deg inside and bright and sunny outside. There's also the plus of being able to race year round!