GM Performance Parts, Oldsmobile Valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM

GM Performance Parts, Oldsmobile Valve Covers

After much deliberation beween a set of nicely done Mickey Thompson aluminum valve covers (by agtw31) or a set of Oldsmobile aluminum covers, I have opted to persue a set of GMPP covers. Looking for GM PART # 22525295

I have a set of NOS DRCE covers to straight up trade, but will pay reasonable price for a nice set of covers.

If this doesn't work out, I'm looking at a hand made set of carbon fiber covers.

Anyone gots?

John
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Shoveling Snow

Would you be interested in a set of these?

Old October 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hairy Olds
Would you be interested in a set of these?

interesting, but no thank you. Don't have a Hurst, and who is Sharp?

John
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Shoveling Snow

The ones I sell John would not have the Hurst engraving on them.
Sharp valve covers and timing covers and BBO manifolds were manufactured in 1965 by Al Sharp for Oldsmobile for cars such as the Hairy Olds, Terrifying Toronado, Lutz and Lundberg 442 much and Tony Nancys wedge. The valve covers were sold thru Oldmobile dealers at the parts counter. Holiday Olds in Minnesota sold a ton of these.
I've only seen two of the valve covers and one timing cover in the past 30 years. Out of the dozen or so manifolds made about 10 still exist.
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Sharp valve covers and timing covers and BBO manifolds were manufactured in 1965 by Al Sharp for Oldsmobile for cars such as the Hairy Olds, Terrifying Toronado, Lutz and Lundberg 442 much and Tony Nancys wedge. The valve covers were sold thru Oldmobile dealers at the parts counter. Holiday Olds in Minnesota sold a ton of these.
I've only seen two of the valve covers and one timing cover in the past 30 years. Out of the dozen or so manifolds made about 10 still exist.
Ok, you got my interest sparked... Only problem being is would I want to use something so rare on a car that will be driven on a regular basis?

Also is there an affilition with the "Harland-Sharp" brand parts?

PM me a price please?

John

Last edited by Eightupman; October 6th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Are you repopping these without the hurst engravings?
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Shoveling Snow

I have reproduced these covers from the originals that I own.
These have no affiliation with the Harland Sharp at all.
None of the valve cover I sell have Hurst engraved in them. I have 2 sets for myself that are engraved with Hurst and are not for sale.

Old October 6th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

going to be selling any of the smooth ones like the red one?
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Shoveling Snow

No, the smooth one is the original. Most of my customers like the rough just cast texture. I think it's a better look for these covers but if you would like a set to polish I can set you up.
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Funny you should mention Holiday Olds,I just come across a Emblem on a 65 cutlass parts car I have that was Sold at Holiday Olds in Mnpls.Cool
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM

I have reproduced these covers from the originals that I own.
These have no affiliation with the Harland Sharp at all.
None of the valve cover I sell have Hurst engraved in them. I have 2 sets for myself that are engraved with Hurst and are not for sale.

damn... I can't see the picture at work... I'll have to get back to you tomorrow. Would still need a price to know for sure... If they come in under the or close to the GM ones I'll most likely bite.

Edit: Nice. Very Nice... so to be clear, these are a reproduction of a cover that was originally manufactured in 1965. I guess the only thing that I would wish for was the engraved area to be blank... that would be awesome to engrave my own whatever in there.

Just waiting on a price now.

John

Last edited by Eightupman; October 7th, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Banned

No, the smooth one is the original. Most of my customers like the rough just cast texture. I think it's a better look for these covers but if you would like a set to polish I can set you up.
i polished a set like these(gmpp) for a guy in Indiana,lots of pitting and air pockets under there
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Eightupman,

Are you still on here? Do you still have these covers for sale? I am searching for a set. Right now I have stock with modified baffles for my roller rockers, but need something that only has another half inch of clearance. Hopefully these have a little more clearance?

They will be going on a 1969 Olds 350. Let me know price and shipping to 80817 please?

Thanks,

ToBiN!
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
Eightupman,

Are you still on here? Do you still have these covers for sale? I am searching for a set. Right now I have stock with modified baffles for my roller rockers, but need something that only has another half inch of clearance. Hopefully these have a little more clearance?

They will be going on a 1969 Olds 350. Let me know price and shipping to 80817 please?

Thanks,

ToBiN!
I don't think he had a set for sale. He was looking for them. I don't think the M/T's are high enough. The GM Performance ones are still listed on www.gmpartsdirect.com for $118.32 ea. They kill you on shipping though.
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM

oops, I guess I needed to direct my question to Hairy Olds, Not Eightupman.

Where did HairyOlds go?
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ToBiN!
Eightupman,

Thanks,

ToBiN!
As strange luck may have it... I did purchase a set of custom aluminum covers (not like the ones above) THEN I found a set of notched covers a couple months ago that I will be using instead. So yeah I guess the ones I got are for sale never used, never bolted to a motor... PM if you want pics.. I don't NEED to sell them, I can always use them one something else later.

John
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Shoveling Snow

oops, I guess I needed to direct my question to Hairy Olds, Not Eightupman.

Where did HairyOlds go?

Pm sent
Old January 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Gday hairy olds. Any chance on a price for 2 covers and postage to OZ. Can they be fitted to a 69 442, 400ci with A/C?
Cheers