1972 Cutlass eyebrow molding

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:04 AM

1972 Cutlass eyebrow molding

HELP! I am restoring a 72' 442. I cannot find my eyebrow moldings, and the car is supposed to go in for paint by 05/15/10. Does anybody have a pair the would like to sell? Please let me know, and thanks in advance for the help. I am just wondering what else I may have lost....
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:03 AM

Are you describing the metal "L" shaped pieces that attach to the very front of each fender and are painted body color? I've got them, $15 plus shipping for a pair of decent used ones. If you need them in a hurry you may want to see if someone in Canada has a set. Let me know if you strike out finding them closer than down here in Oregon. John
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Fusick and others have them repop but a couple of years back I ordered a left one and it was way different than the original right, different profile and thickness, way too small. I dion't know if they're still like that but beware, nothing will line up right and they look funky too, leave too much exposed fender edge. Sent it back and got an NOS one for ten bucks on the evilbay.
Those should be painted off the car with the stone shields and headlight surrounds and stuff, the paint will eventually crack and chip where it spans that edge if you leave them on, just snug them down too, no gorilla wrenching on any trim.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Fusick and others have them repop but a couple of years back I ordered a left one and it was way different than the original right, different profile and thickness, way too small. I dion't know if they're still like that but beware, nothing will line up right and they look funky too, leave too much exposed fender edge. Sent it back and got an NOS one for ten bucks on the evilbay.
Those should be painted off the car with the stone shields and headlight surrounds and stuff, the paint will eventually crack and chip where it spans that edge if you leave them on, just snug them down too, no gorilla wrenching on any trim.
Thanks for the info Blue Vista. One of the members of the site have a pair they will sell me at a fair price. I have found a lot of the repop parts need a lot of finessing to get them to go on correctly. With that being said I have tried to find as many decent used parts as possible in the restorations. I can say that the help and advice I have gotten off of this site has been fantastic.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:53 AM

If something falls through,I have them.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a rightside eyebrow molding for my 72 Cultass Supreme. Some schmuck backed into me while I was parked. Didn't leave a note or nothin'....Anyway, the eyebrow cracked from the bumper being pushed into it and the right front quarter panel has a few nice scratches and corresponding dent...lovely...I would love any help...cheers
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
*ssholes Garage

Originally Posted by RecycleD72
Hi, I'm looking for a rightside eyebrow molding for my 72 Cultass Supreme. Some schmuck backed into me while I was parked. Didn't leave a note or nothin'....Anyway, the eyebrow cracked from the bumper being pushed into it and the right front quarter panel has a few nice scratches and corresponding dent...lovely...I would love any help...cheers
Pictures wouldhelp.
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM

What part of the West Coast are you located in? Did you get the eyebrow moldings you needed? John
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi, I'm looking for a rightside eyebrow molding for my 72 Cultass Supreme.
That molding is the same for 71/72 all Cutlass models and VC. John is the closest to you I think (2blu442) - a really fair guy to deal with too!

Ohhhh Jooohhnnnnn???