Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Parting out three cars in the near future

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2015, 11:13 AM

Parting out three cars in the near future

In the near future I'm going to be cutting up some parts cars to try and clear out the clutter. The good pieces will be offered up here and on ebay. The good parts that don't sell I'll try to make room for in the shed. But want to give you all a heads up if they might have something your looking for. John

1955 Olds 88 4 door, floorboards rotted out, previous owner cut dash/windshield area out. Engine is down to a short block still in the car. Sold fenders but have picked up another set of 1955 fenders. Still have hood, front bumper/grill gone. Rear bumper a core.

1964 Cutlass 2 door hardtop shell on rolling chassis. Rear quarters have bondo, but I don't see cancer type rust. Floorboards gone, trunk floor rust holes through, roof looks good.

1967 Toronado. Stripped down model with no power windows, seats, or tilt/tele column. Have most of a nice black interior. Disc brake car and still have that complete. Vinyl top rotted out the roof around the front and back glass. Floorboard still solid, pass quarter solid, drivers quarter has rot at the bottom. Doors nice, fenders had rot behind the wide rocker stainless. Already sold vacuum fittings for headlights, but still have the rest of headlight and nose assembly.

I've got some other parts cars, but these three are partially dismantled and I need to finish them off to free up some space. Contact me if your looking for something that might be on them. I'll take lots of photos before I start pulling things apart. John
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

You're going to be busier than a one armed paper hanger my friend. One of the newbies on the site was looking for a heater motor for his 54 88. Is the 55 heater motor assembly pretty much the same thing?
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
You're going to be busier than a one armed paper hanger my friend. One of the newbies on the site was looking for a heater motor for his 54 88. Is the 55 heater motor assembly pretty much the same thing?
Hi Allan, yeah I'll try to make some progress over the next week or two. I've got the rest of this week and much of next week off work, so its time to get out the sawzall Yes, you or one of the other guys pointed him in my direction and I've got the heater fan pulled. He's interested in a few more odds and ends that I may need to pull from the 1954. I'd had visions of fixing that one, 1954 2 door hardtop, but it would be a big project and there's several other cars in line before it. I also picked up a pair of Toronado's two weeks ago... one 1968 and one 1969. Both complete but had been sitting for many years so after crawling over them they'll become parts cars when I have time. Thankfully I've got a buddy with a shop who's storing four cars for me right now. I gotta quit looking at Craigslist until I have things a little more organized with the clutter I've already got
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:40 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I told that guy looking for the heater motor to contact John and gave him his user name on here.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
I told that guy looking for the heater motor to contact John and gave him his user name on here.
Thank you Glenn! Also, now that you told me how I was able to remove the pitman arm from the center link. John
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:59 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I am glad that worked on the Pitman arm. I really didn't know but I had the shop manual. That is why we always tell a newbie to buy the shop manual as soon as he starts on his car. It always proves to be the best money ever spent. Glad I could help. Did you get Bob's parts shipped?
Old January 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
I am glad that worked on the Pitman arm. I really didn't know but I had the shop manual. That is why we always tell a newbie to buy the shop manual as soon as he starts on his car. It always proves to be the best money ever spent. Glad I could help. Did you get Bob's parts shipped?
I still need to pull the fan switch and look for the OLDSMOBILE letters from the hood on the 1954. I'm thinking the power steering and power brakes should be at the rebuilder now.

John
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:25 PM

John,
You have a PM

Gene
Old January 4th, 2015, 10:04 AM

fender

in the market for a good right side front fender and the left front crome bezzle that goes around the upper bumper section (mouth of the grill) and wraps around the top of bumper.
Old January 4th, 2015, 07:59 PM

Gene, PM replied to.

gmarkie, I have the fender but don't think I have the chrome piece. I'll check and get photos for you of what I have. John