Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

olds 350 and th400

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM

olds 350 and th400

hi . i'm over from v8buick and i have an engine and trans that i got in a "all or nothin" deal to get some buick 350 engine/trans parts . was a 2bbl motor/long tail th400 so i'm thinkin came out of a cheapo big car . trans i can keep for a spare for later or sell . the motor i probably won't use . no egr crap on the intake ( so i'm thinkin 72 or older ) and the tranny fluid looks real good . did not hear it run , it was outa the car. no carb and the intake i scrapped . engine i took apart to inspect quick - looked ok . bores , rods/pistons ( marked ) , crank , cam lobes and bearing sufaces all looked ok . i have the block and internals-complete heads-starter-water pump-p/s pump-exh manifolds-points distrbutor-oil filter adapter-pan-fan-flex plate-tq converter-the th400 trans and all nuts n bolts etc .
i'll list head markings and you may be able to tell what year/motor it is better than me - lookin at the exh ports - "5" by left lower hd bolt , under left side rocker assys - time stamp , under 2nd rocker set - "130" , under 3rd rocker set - "97742" , under right rocker set - "gm / cfd" , has 1 9/16" exh valve , has 1 7/8" intake valve . engine bore was about 4 1/16" which would be about olds 350 range but my 1970 spec book lists olds 350 intake size at just over 2" - so may be older ? sorry for the long "read" , i prefer complete info i guess . thats all i know , thought it may help somebody out with a rebuilder or some parts .
th400 with tq converter - $150
engine/heads and all parts - $150
everything - $250
* if you'd like some seperate small stuff let me know , all prices plus shipping
* would prefer not to ship the big items , i can transport a reasonable distance or meet halfway etc for gas+ money , located lower central upstate n.y.
* offers ? trades ? questions ?
all "deals" here in the forum please , first come-first serve
cell# - 607-369-7770 or can e-mail me
thats it . thanks . del

Last edited by deadmanscurve; January 30th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Hey you got yourself a good motor there! 69 350. The heads alone are worth $150-200. Good luck with the sale!

Josh
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM

If you where closer i would take all that stuff for $250.
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Past Administrator

Good post with lots of specific info. Thanks for sharing your stuff with us. Someone is bound to be able to use it. Now, just a question of how near they are to you, or how far they would be willing to travel. Good luck.
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:00 PM

wow - i'm gonna have to up the $$ on those heads !!!!! ------- kiddn'!
never really had one of those apart before , pretty solid lookin unit . be a nice addition into an older a-body or g-body car i thought . del
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Nice ride man...post pics. I know its an olds site, but I love all 60's era gm products.
Old January 31st, 2009, 05:37 AM

~might have some pics loaded on the computer , but for me - old timer , to get 'em transfered is a job . car is sorta' apart , body off , had frame blasted and painted , body back on , engine/muncie and 9" in , nose off and interior out , got a ron francis wiring kit to put in when i get nose back on and now in process of rechecking the brakes etc and putting in a rear axle vent and "rat roddin" ( leftover floorboard piece and old valve cover piece and rivets and fiberglass - but its gettin carpet probably ) the tunnel to clear the hurst super shifter linkage .
~was pretty sure on the year range once i got the "clues" figured out .
~how do you guys normally do "payment/shipping" ? we usually send $$ or paypal and then seller sends stuff out when payment is rec'd - honor system - but we have a buyer/seller feedback section where you can kinda check on sellers , rat on somebody due to a bad deal or give somebody a thumbs up for a good deal or something . its fairly civilized and about 99% of the time it is a good news situation . one deal i had buying some "like new" roller rockers was ugly , i put a little info on there , got some feedback , found out mom and dads phone# and made a couple calls - money back in a couple of weeks after waitng almost a year . keeps people honest 'cause if ya get a bad rap there its hard sellin stuff , words out . but did not see a section like that here . sorry for the ramble . a little hung over , needed a wakeup activity ! del
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:32 AM

see - i told ya it would take awhile ! took three pics , tried to transfer three pics , seemed ok but can only get one pic to come up on the link at this post --- ? anyway - no body shots just a couple engine pics and a floorboard pic . del
edit : got it sorta' - thumbnails up - finally - major undertaking ! seemed like i did it the same way but had to reduce pics down first . del
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
olds.com pics 001.jpg (58.0 KB, 34 views)
olds.com pics 002.jpg (50.0 KB, 22 views)
olds.com pics 003.jpg (57.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by deadmanscurve; February 13th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I'm over on V8Buick as well.
Nice guys over there.
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM

yeah - pretty much same "flavor" here . thank god . too bad there's not a B.O.P.com or something - a little combo action . might be some crossover info we all miss . del
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM

Hey, just wondering if you still have the motor and trans.

-Ryan
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:58 AM

ryan : yes i do . as a matter of fact was just getting ready to transfer the ad over to www.realoldspower.com for the hell of it . if you have any questions just let me know . fyi - if you go to "user cp" up top you can add in your location - that'll help when buying or selling . unless your location is a state "facility" . thanks for the look . del
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM

Thanks Del

My current location actually is a state "facility", but by that I mean a state school. I'm interested, but the key problem is I need to convince my parents to let me use their truck to come and get it, and convince them to allow me to store it in their basement while I get everything ready to install it. I'll let you know when I find out what I can do, but i am quite interested.

-Ryan
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:16 AM

or for a little gas $$ i can meet ya half way or maybe someone is going back and forth . i'll keep my ears open on this end and let me know . and just to reestablish something - this motor is dissassembled . thanks . del

Last edited by deadmanscurve; March 3rd, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:44 AM

sale pending on motor . will still have trans and some smaller parts that buyer does not want . del
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:53 AM

deal done , as previously stated . del