Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

63 f 85 parts ??

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM
63 f -85

Question 63 f 85 parts ??

Recenly got a 63 f-85 cutlass and am wondering if any one makes restoration parts like seat upoulstery ,floor pans or will that all have to be fabed ?? thanks Joel is there a good sourse for part's for these cars ??

Joel
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by joelbert62
Recenly got a 63 f-85 cutlass and am wondering if any one makes restoration parts like seat upoulstery ,floor pans or will that all have to be fabed ?? thanks Joel is there a good sourse for part's for these cars ??

Joel
Unfortunately, the 61-63 cars are much less popular than the 64-72 cars, so repro parts are few and far between. Sorry.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:07 PM

Good luck

If my nme on here hasn't given me away, I too have a 63 F85

In terms of restoration like upolstry and sheet metal, its either fix what you have or find used in decent shape. www.kanter.com has a plethera of restoration items, most of them are made to order so they are pricey, but they are good( I got shocks from them ). Keep your eyes out for parts for 61-63 Buick Specials/Skylarks, and 61-63 Pontiac tempests. They share the same platform and some things may interchange or be close enough to work. The engines are popular with road racers in europe, so engine parts and associated items are a bit easier to come by, www.aluminumV8.com is a good source of engine and engine related components. They have a good selection of parts for a performance oriented 215, and have bell housings to hook you up to just about any tranny. For the most part though, you have to figure out a lot along the way, many parts stores don't even have the 61-63's in they're database, or if they do its only to tell you which spark plugs, aircleaners, or oil filters you can use.

If I find any good sources I'll let you know, please do the same if you find anything usefull.

-Ryan
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM

I have a 63 F-85 which I restored several years ago. It takes awhile but eventually I got everything I needed. Watch E-bay. That's where I got most of my parts. Posting a "parts wanted" on this site last month got me like new door handles which are impossible to find. Inside arm rests are identical to Chevy Nova which are easy to get. Carpeting is not a problem. It's not the easisest car to find parts for, but patience pays off.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:17 PM

I have a 63 F-85 which I restored several years ago. It takes awhile but eventually I got everything I needed. Watch E-bay. That's where I got most of my parts. Posting a "parts wanted" on this site last month got me like new door handles which are impossible to find. Inside arm rests are identical to Chevy Nova which are easy to get. Carpeting is not a problem. It's not the easisest car to find parts for, but patience pays off.
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM

63 F85 parts

Hello,I saw your post and thought I would put in my two cents worth.I parted a 63 a few years ago and still have parts including,grill,head light bezels,steering wheel,2 inside door handles,both hood moldings,wind shield moldings,and a rear bumper.If any of these parts are some thing you need please email me direct at seymog@netscape.com,I can send photo's,condition and prices,thanks Gary.
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Whole 63 for parts

Here is a whole 63 for parts that looks very nice!

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1469107028.html