1985 Toronado Convertible

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Does anyone have any info on a 1985 hess & eisenhardt convertible. This car was from a golf event at Cherry Hills Denver. Wonder production numbers and value. It's basically a loaded Toronado, in good shape, no rust, 86k miles. Thx.
Old September 17th, 2006, 06:03 PM

There arent too many of those around as yes they were conversions. Buick did it with their Riviera from 92 to 85 but many more were produced and I believe marketed thru the dealerships as Buick convertables even though all were conversions and not true production convertables. As the owner of an 83 Riviera convertable I can tell you the car flexes and the doors rattle due to the flexing. The ride is not as pleasant as one would think it should be but still a fun car. As for value I would say if its in very nice condition it should be worth something like 5 to 7 thousand dollars.
Old September 17th, 2006, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's up for sale on ebay, so we'll see what it does. As for the ride, I had a XJS convert and the Old's is as good if not better.
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM

I also have one of the Cherry Hills convertibles. I was told that they only made about 18 of them and they were given to the top 18 seeds in the PGA tournament to drive for a week. Mine was supposedly driven by Tom Watson. I think the ride is very good, thanks to the air suspension. The car is pretty advanced for a 21 year old vehicle. Mine is in beautiful shape, 77k miles, and I may sell it soon also. People have given me all kinds of estimates, from $6k to $18k. I'll be interested to see what yours brings. By the way, Hess & Eisenhardt also did the Jag XKS conversions.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by GregR
I also have one of the Cherry Hills convertibles. I was told that they only made about 18 of them and they were given to the top 18 seeds in the PGA tournament to drive for a week. Mine was supposedly driven by Tom Watson. I think the ride is very good, thanks to the air suspension. The car is pretty advanced for a 21 year old vehicle. Mine is in beautiful shape, 77k miles, and I may sell it soon also. People have given me all kinds of estimates, from $6k to $18k. I'll be interested to see what yours brings. By the way, Hess & Eisenhardt also did the Jag XKS conversions.
HI I HAVE A 1985 TORONADO CONV. TOO BUT IT WAS DONE BY AMERICAN
SUN ROOF CORP I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE CARS
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM

I have been trying to find any info available concerning my H&E 1983 Toronado conversion vehicle. I know there aren't many around but I didn't know anything about "Golf Prizes". Will someone elaborate? I would love to know the history of my car. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Past Administrator

Sorry to all of you for missing your questions and failing to welcome you to our site. I did some research and could not find a direct answer to your questions about these Toronados. I wish I could help more, will still be searching.
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:03 AM

Does Any One Have Info On My 1985 Toronado Convertible
From The Asc Corp. I Have Not See Any Others But Mine
I Have Seen Some Cad. And Buick Rivs . Does Any One Have Any
Sales Info Or Anything Like That? Thanks
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:35 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have been researching these cars for a while. I have found several conversions, not just ASC or H&E. By the way, I would love to see photos of your ASC Toro Convertible or any other Toro convertible!!

If anyone is still watching this thread and wants to see photos/brochures of some of these conversions, reply to this thread.
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM

H&S Toronado Rear Qtr Glass

Help!! I recently purchased a 85 H&S Toronado conversion. The drivers side rear Qtr glass is shattered. I've heard this occurred regularly if the rear windows weren't down when the top was lowered.

I've searched high and low. Does anyone have one/know where to get/or anyone capable of making one.

Any and all help is greatly!! appreciated!!
thanks in advance.....jeff
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by jeffk609
Help!! I recently purchased a 85 H&S Toronado conversion. The drivers side rear Qtr glass is shattered. I've heard this occurred regularly if the rear windows weren't down when the top was lowered.

I've searched high and low. Does anyone have one/know where to get/or anyone capable of making one.

Any and all help is greatly!! appreciated!!
thanks in advance.....jeff
I am guessing that a good glass shop ought to be able to get an Eldorado window, and should be able to see if it will work
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:44 PM

Hess window

Thanks for the response. I'll try but not optimistic. Thx
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM

1985 toronado h&e conversion.

Originally Posted by jeffk609
Thanks for the response. I'll try but not optimistic. Thx
Were you ever able to get a replacement window? I have a similar car.

Jack
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM

window

Jack, no never did, all I can say is good luck! Also, I sold the car last year. Good luck!
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM

1985 H&S Toro Convertible

[QUOTE=jeffk609;506306]Jack, no never did, all I can say is good luck! Also, I sold the car last year. Good luck![/QUOTE

Thanks Jeff. I have an '85 Toro, ordered from and delivered by Kelly Oldsmobile in the Chicago area in the fall of 1984. I am the original owner. It's a Firemist Brown and Beige Interior and Top. It came with Vogue Tires and real wire wheels.

Everything is original and works except the power seat and Twilight Sentinel.

I guess my only option is to remove the passenger window and have a mirror image made. It will just be EXPENSIVE! I was hoping you found a source.

]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Toronado Pic.JPG (138.9 KB, 33 views)
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM

window glass

Jack, your probably correct "expensive" but it is what it is. Again, good luck. BTW great looking car and history!!