The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbie w/70 Cutlass Supreme 350 Rocket

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2010, 07:19 AM
It's only Rocket Science!

Newbie w/70 Cutlass Supreme 350 Rocket

Hey guys, Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Troy, but my friends call me Willie. My son and I have had our 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 350 Rocket "project car" for going on two years now. I quickly found out it's a great way to pass the time, not to mention it's a wicked "male bonding thing" as my wife calls it. I stumbled upon this forum in a search of a solution for a minor problem I was having with the HVAC blower motor. Figured I'd join and maybe help others learn from my mistakes (don't tell my wife...but I'm actually NOT perfect), as well as get tips and hints from others as they stumble thru their day to day basic repairs on their awesome rides. Nice meeting you all and hope to visit with you guys soon.

Thanks,
Troy

Last edited by ToBIGWillie; August 30th, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi and welcome to our site Troy/Willie!! My guys here are the best and will gladly help out and give you info!! Jamesbo will give you the "posting pics 101" lesson - I don't remember how I put my avatar on.. it's in your account setup somewhere and you have to download a pic, but a certain size. I'm the technologically challenged one of the bunch, lol! We like pics on here, so can't wait to see your car!
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Thanks CG! I figured out the avatar...I'm working on my signature now. Ima get it figured out. Looking forward to visiting with you guys...AND gals! Thanks for the help and looking forward to meeting new friends.

Troy
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:21 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO.
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:07 PM

welcome

Welcome aboard Willie, enjoy CO, I do just about every day. You will meet a lot of friendly people here who really are passionate about Oldsmobiles! Dan
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:49 PM

Welcome, Nice Cutty
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:41 AM

Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, my new found friends. I'm looking forward to visiting with you all as well as picking your brains for info as I need it. What little I know could almost fill a thimble, but when I can, I'll be more than anxious to share my knowledge. Hope you all have a blessed rest of the week and hope to be able to visit soon!
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by 51NINETYEIGHT
Welcome, Nice Cutty
Thank you for the compliment. You have a breathtaking ride yourself, there. Ours of course is a work in progress. Getting the bugs worked out has proven to be relatively simple and inexpensive (so far) the minor body work and paint job I guess will be the biggest chore. But, like all "works in progress", the battle is the fun! Talk atchya later my friend, and thanks again.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:14 AM

Welcome to CO, nice car.

Lots of info and entertainment here...
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM

Thanks WJI! Lookin forward to visiting with u guys!
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM

Welcome to CO

Glad to have you aboard Willie even if you do drive one of those newfangled Oldsmobile's
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM

WELCOME, BIG WILLIE, TO CO! Y'all have a lot of fun, and learn a lot on this site, and meet some wonderful guys an' gals! Where in NE Texas are you? Go to "ANNOUNCEMENTS" (click) and scroll down to the 2010 NTOC Zone Show to be held October 22-24 at the Marriott Hotel, across from Texas Motor Speedway on Hwy 114. Last year we had about 60 cars, we're hoping to 100 this year. Judged show, then Saturday at 4:55 we drive up to just north of Denton to North Star Dragway for racing/or/watching. 34 of us tooling up IH35W at about 60 MPH, everone else passing us, but slowing down when they saw what they were lookin' at/amongst!!! LOL!! Hope y'all can make it. Once again, welcome to the site. Hope to get the chance to meet you in person.
Aron
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
WELCOME, BIG WILLIE, TO CO! ... Where in NE Texas are you? Go to "ANNOUNCEMENTS" (click) and scroll down to the 2010 NTOC Zone Show to be held October 22-24 at the Marriott Hotel, across from Texas Motor Speedway on Hwy 114...

Thanks for the info Aron. I'm in Texarkana, Tx...bout 2 1/2 hrs from Dallas. I'll be sure to check on the show. Sounds like sumpin me n the boy would be eager to attend. Nice meeting you and the others. You guys have sure given me a warm welcome. I appreciate the courtesy.

Troy
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Glad to have you aboard Willie even if you do drive one of those newfangled Oldsmobile's
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Don't be a hater just cuz mine's still under factory warranty! LMAO!!!