The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

71 442 convertible tribute

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM

71 442 convertible tribute

I am in the middle of my restoration currently doing my interior and I order the stage III kit from opgi considering all the small items they offered that I needed. I received the bucket seat backs and they where pure white and my uphlstry is pearl.I decided to go to sherwin williams to match the pearl color to paint my seat backs they turned out pretty good but unsure how they will look whenit all gets put together. opinions please........ does legendary offer pearl bucket seat backs any other advise on interior will be a help
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Olds Nut

i am not sure but you will need to post pix when done
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by antweave
I am in the middle of my restoration currently doing my interior and I order the stage III kit from opgi considering all the small items they offered that I needed. I received the bucket seat backs and they where pure white and my uphlstry is pearl.I decided to go to sherwin williams to match the pearl color to paint my seat backs they turned out pretty good but unsure how they will look whenit all gets put together. opinions please........ does legendary offer pearl bucket seat backs any other advise on interior will be a help
How does Sherwin Williams compare to SEM products? I didn't know SW had automotive stuff till I read your post. If you already got the seat backs, you may as well keep them. Clean them really well (even though they're new) with degreaser/dewaxer. Then spray with adhesion promoter and then spray with your pearl paint. Like I said I don't know how SW is for quality, but SEM is high durability. Not like you're going to have lots of back seat traffic in the car to scuff the panels anyway?

Does Legendary offer pearl seat backs? Hmm, Fusick does for sure. Legendary catalogue says to specify color at time of order. You could always call them and ask. Faster and cheaper than ordering and getting the wrong stuff.

Hope your stuff from OPGI works out. I find them to be on the pricey side.