The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1992 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagons -- 4 of them

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2018, 09:20 AM

1992 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagons -- 4 of them

I love the split grille 1992 Olds Custom Cruiser, if only it had been Rocket Powered! More aesthetically pleasing to my eye than the RMW or Caprice. No argument that the Roadmasters have the amenities or that Chevys have the following, but for uniqueness and rarity you can't beat the OCC. The Vista Roof that can't be called a vista roof anymore, but that only adds to these vehicles' charm. Three of these wagons need work -- are basically probably only donor cars and many spare parts. But you learned people in this forum understand the value of the ground effects panels, emblems, grilles, and the stupid little fitting like the black screw that holds the spare tire cover on -- broken and then irreplaceable. Engines run great -- all 5.7 liter, 2 of the three transmissions won't upshift into third - we have all been bitten by this one. My fourth OCC was just acquired -- 140K sweet body. Undercarriage so much better than I expected in a northeast car -- guessing it was garaged winters. I planned to remove the Automatic Temperature Control from one car and install in this one this summer, and put in the premium cassette -- sorry no CD, and high performance speakers into it from another. However, I find my health is failing me rapidly and I must divest myself of these cars -- only a week ago I placed an ad looking for a spare grille. I have always felt an obsessive desire to preserve these vehicles; probably rooted in the Custom Cruiser glory days of the forward facing three seat clam shell wagons - most are nothing but memories now. My family had a 1972 yellow (bamboo) with saddle interior and woodgrain! I am located in Rhode Island, if you have any ideas about collectors interested, or wishing purchase please let me know. I will be happy to discuss the vehicles honestly and forward photographs. I have but a single son, I fine young man, so successful, he never caught the old car bug off his old man --not certain if that is my curse or blessing. I wish him the best of luck in all his endeavors! Very truly yours, Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
unnamed.jpg (1.89 MB, 5 views)
unnamed 02.jpg (1.59 MB, 4 views)
unnamed 03.jpg (1.91 MB, 4 views)
unnamed 04.jpg (1.61 MB, 7 views)
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, I suggest placing a proper cars for sale classified ad with pricing.