The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1966 Delta 88 Owner-to-Be

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM

1966 Delta 88 Owner-to-Be

Hey. Just a little introduction about myself;

I'm 15 years old, living in Jacksonville, North Carolina, home of the nation's largest amphibious military base, Camp Lejeune. I love old cars, unlike most kids my age. I'm purchasing a 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible from my uncle's friend in Maryland. It's red, with a white top. It has a red interior. The engine is a 425 V8. Right now we're sorting out how we're going to get it here from Kensington, Maryland. The speedometer needs to be fixed, and for some reason the emergency brake light is on, he says. He "hit a bump and the speedometer broke and the brake light lit up". The rear bumper is bent out of shape. The red paint is a MAACO paint job, which will be changed later on. The top appears to be in good shape. The interior appears to be in perfect condition. It has relatively new tires. The chrome has recently been completely redone. It needs no body work aside from the rear bumper. The engine may or may not have leaks, but that will be determined. The engine has been rebuilt I think and has 46,000 miles.

Either way, this car is perfect for me. Classic, comfortable, and powerful. The only downside I can even think of is gas mileage and fitting in small parking spaces- but I can't really park any car! Even so, my dad is the kind of person that would park far away from cars to spare himself a ding in his door, and I believe that's rubbed off on me.

I'll provide a link to a photo album when the pictures finish uploading.

EDIT:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...nguzi/Delta88/

Last edited by Affinity; October 13th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM

Your car sounds and looks very cool. Thanks for the photos. It needs a little work, but that's all the fun. Must have been one heck of a bump to break the speedometer and turn the brake light on, but tracking that down will be fun as well. You learn about the car that way. The speedometer cable attaches to the left front wheel right near where the brake line attaches. It sounds like both might have been damaged. Was it the left side that went over the bump?

Your concern about gas mileage makes it sound like you're planning to use this car as more or less an everyday driver once it's up and running. Is that true? Most of us don't worry so much about mileage because we don't drive our old cars regularly but instead take them out for the occasional cruise, car show, or something similar. Some of us have collector car license plates and/or collector car insurance, which can be considerably cheaper than the regular versions of each and don't permit regular use of the car.

Of course, I don't think you would be eligible for collector car insurance as my experience has been that these companies won't even consider insuring you if you're under 25 or 30 years of age.

I'm a bit off topic. You have a great car there. I have a '67 Delta 88 with the same engine, and it runs very well with 130,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the carburetor as a previous owner had removed the choke linkage for some reason and I figured I might as well redo the whole thing while hunting for the replacement parts. Other than that, a change in spark plugs was the only other thing I did, and I barely have to touch the key to get it to start. Mileage isn't too bad, either, in a relative sense. I got about 14 mpg on a recent road trip, which I think is about par for the course for these large engines in these large, heavy cars. They weren't built for economy, and gas was 28 cents a gallon in those days!

Good luck.

Last edited by jaunty75; October 13th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Looks pretty nice, you will learn by doing and thats the best way. I parted a 66 conv a few months ago so I may have some parts if you need any...Good Luck.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I may have some parts if you need any...Good Luck.
Well, it sounds like he needs a new speedometer cable, if nothing else.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM

nice car! if you need any help you came to the right place. with it being your first car, be careful with it. most first cars don't survive. i was one of the lucky ones. i still have my first car, the Rallye 350 in the pic.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Sounds like we're in the same boat (pun intended) I'm a senior in High School and just bought a 1964 Olds 98.
That 88 looks nice, you gotta love any big Oldsmobile, 88, 98, starfire...
The 425 is my all-time favorite engine, even in those big cars. One time I was test-driving a 1966 Olds (another 98) with the 425 and we got to a straightaway on this narrow little country road...the owner told me, "Shift into 'S' and give it a little more gas," I went from 25 to 65 in a few seconds, I'll never forget that.

Nice ride!
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
most first cars don't survive.
Where do they go?
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

@ jaunty75 - Yeah, I'm planning for it to be a daily driver. I've called Nationwide and asked questions. It's going to be 156$ per year for insurance. I'm going to get historic plates, too.

@ Oldsmaniac - Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably be posting here if I need anything. Hopefully I can get a local body shop (we know the owners) to try pulling the bumper back into its relative shape. I know it won't be great, but it'll help.

@ jensenracing77 - Hopefully this thing will last a long, long time. I'll take good care of it.

@ Dean O' Banion - Haven't even driven something bigger than a 350! In the driveway right now is a 1990-something GMC Suburban, and a 1990 Chevy Silverado 1500 long-bed pickup. And even then, the highest I've gone in them is 55. So this car may just turn me into a speed demon!

Another question;

Would it be safe to drive it 375 miles from Kensington, Maryland to Jacksonville, North Carolina? It's been sitting for about three years, and has only gotten about 15 miles in those three years. It's been started periodically in that time period though. We're considering going up there and driving it back instead of towing it.

Last edited by Affinity; October 13th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Registered

Welcome.

Nice ride dude, I love red on red 'verts.

Once you learn to park and then park that bohemoth you'll be able to park anything, including aircraft carriers.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Affinity
@ jaunty75 - Yeah, I'm planning for it to be a daily driver. I've called Nationwide and asked questions. It's going to be 156$ per year for insurance. I'm going to get historic plates, too.
Wow, that's a great rate. Young drivers with regular insurance are usually $1200 to $2000 year, depending on lots of things. I'm guessing that you're getting collector plates helped to keep the rate down. But historic plate requirements often mean that the car can't be a daily driver. You need to check the rules for them in your state.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM

I have

It seems that all they do in North Carolina is let everyone know it's over 35 years old.

I think what we're doing is putting the insurance in one of my parents' names, then putting one of the other cars in my name.

EDIT: Yeah, just parked the suburban perfectly in a parking space at a football game. Only thing is that I probably would have wiped out two cars if they'd have been there, ha!
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
2 '66 98's

You're a lucky young man to have a car like that for your first car. Check e-bay - there is a new speedo cable listed right now. I f you don't win that, there is a company in Canada that makes them. The brake light is probably just an adjustment under the dash. Good luck
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Yeah, but I deserve it

3.9 GPA so far, and working on a college degree while I'm in high school. I've been looking for at least a straight year, but I absolutely love this car. Thanks for the information. I'm gonna make a sort of journal here that'll have every single thing I do to the car on it.
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Registered Abuser

Would it be safe to drive it 375 miles from Kensington, Maryland to Jacksonville, North Carolina? It's been sitting for about three years, and has only gotten about 15 miles in those three years. It's been started periodically in that time period though. We're considering going up there and driving it back instead of towing it.

Ya never know if you don't try. Mine sat for at least 5 years with the odd start here and there and I drove it 2500 miles to get it home. Just have a good mechanic go over everything. Always safety first. A credit card with enough to cover the tow bill if it doesn't work out would help as well.

Have you contacted any automotive haulers? Demand is down these days and you may be able to get a decent price.

The car doesn't look too terribly molested. Not a fan of having the stereo holes cut out to fit a modern deck, but since its already done, what are ya gonna do?

You would be surprised at how easy these cars are to park. I find the turning radius to be nice and tight. Backing out is bit different however...

I got mine at 15 as well. I didn't get it on the road until my mid-twenties and just built the engine this year. I'm 31 now and there is still exhaust, interior, chrome, paint....ah, screw it, I'm just gonna drive it.
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM

Talking Welcome to CO

You've got yourself a great first car, who knows you might just keep it for the next 30 years or so. Lots of guys have kept their first car that long or longer. We'll be happy to help out any way that we can. Good luck and keep it between the ditches
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:02 PM
71 cutlass convertible

Welcome hope your first ride turns out better than mine. never did get it on the road. It wasn't an olds though.

On driving it back. Check over everything real well before starting. Esp. hoses, brake lines, brakes in general and maybe change fluids,fuel lines.

You could check out u-haul they have trucks and trailers that you can rent. But watch it the trailers can be beat to .....

Larry
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:52 AM

And even then, the highest I've gone in them is 55. So this car may just turn me into a speed demon!
Make sure you drive responsibly. Experimenting with speed on the road in a car with a V8 has killed many teenagers. My friend and I nearly died in his 81 Chevy Camaro multiple times when we were in high school and college.

I agree with Larry. You should rent a U-haul trailer and tow the car home.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Oldsdruid

Nice score for a first car. It looks pretty good overall. You might be able to straighten that bumper a little; if not, any 1966 88 or Starfire rear bumper works. Looks like it's had 15" wheels fitted too with those 70's Ford wheelcovers!

Here's something simple to check on the speedometer. It drives off the left front wheel on these cars and if someone unfamiliar with it has had the brake drum off, it's possible the cable end isn't indexed into the grease cap. Simply pop the LH grease cap off and you'll see where the cable end fits into a square drive tower. Get that indexed right and see if the speedo works. If the grease cap doesn't have the speedometer drive tower in it, it's been replaced with wrong one. Look on passenger side and see if they got swapped. Correct cap will have a diamond-shaped pad on it.

If not that, check to make sure it's still attached at the speedometer head behind the dash. A non-AC car will be easy to get behind there unless you have bear paws for hands.

The brake warning on these cars is strictly for parking brake- no tie-in to the hydraulic circuit at all. Look on the parking brake pedal under the dash and you'll find the pin switch that actuates the warning lamp. My guess is that switch has been jarred out of line with the pedal. 'Course if it hit a bump that hard, you need to check the front end and alignment over good.

If all the fluids look good and rubber parts aren't dry-rotted, you could try driving it home, but a car hauler might be cheap insurance. I'm kinda leery of U-haul tow dollies esp on a heavy old car like this Delta, plus you need a tow vehicle up to the task- a 3/4 ton pickup at the very least.

Find yourself a 1966 Oldsmobile factory Chassis Service Manual. It will be invaluable. There's also a Fisher Body manual and a convertible top operation manual which may still be in the glovebox.

PM me and I'll put you on to a Wilmington area policeman who is an AACA member and very familiar with NC old car licensing.

You a permanent Jax resident or a Marine Corps brat?
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
71 cutlass convertible

I wasn't recommending the dolly type trailer. They rent full size car trailers, then rent a truck to pull it if you don't have a proper tow vechicle.
Larry
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
You've got yourself a great first car, who knows you might just keep it for the next 30 years or so. Lots of guys have kept their first car that long or longer. We'll be happy to help out any way that we can. Good luck and keep it between the ditches
Thanks! Hopefully I can keep it that long.

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
Welcome hope your first ride turns out better than mine. never did get it on the road. It wasn't an olds though.

On driving it back. Check over everything real well before starting. Esp. hoses, brake lines, brakes in general and maybe change fluids,fuel lines.

You could check out u-haul they have trucks and trailers that you can rent. But watch it the trailers can be beat to .....

Larry
Will-do, and hopefully my dad's pickup can tow it.

Originally Posted by Olds64
Make sure you drive responsibly. Experimenting with speed on the road in a car with a V8 has killed many teenagers. My friend and I nearly died in his 81 Chevy Camaro multiple times when we were in high school and college.

I agree with Larry. You should rent a U-haul trailer and tow the car home.
Oh, no worries with that. I only have my permit, so my dad would be there with me. I'm not sure I want to go 70 in it anyway...first time going that fast, in a car I've never driven, either, and in a car that has only gotten 15 miles in the past three years? No thanks!

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Nice score for a first car. It looks pretty good overall. You might be able to straighten that bumper a little; if not, any 1966 88 or Starfire rear bumper works. Looks like it's had 15" wheels fitted too with those 70's Ford wheelcovers!

Here's something simple to check on the speedometer. It drives off the left front wheel on these cars and if someone unfamiliar with it has had the brake drum off, it's possible the cable end isn't indexed into the grease cap. Simply pop the LH grease cap off and you'll see where the cable end fits into a square drive tower. Get that indexed right and see if the speedo works. If the grease cap doesn't have the speedometer drive tower in it, it's been replaced with wrong one. Look on passenger side and see if they got swapped. Correct cap will have a diamond-shaped pad on it.

If not that, check to make sure it's still attached at the speedometer head behind the dash. A non-AC car will be easy to get behind there unless you have bear paws for hands.

The brake warning on these cars is strictly for parking brake- no tie-in to the hydraulic circuit at all. Look on the parking brake pedal under the dash and you'll find the pin switch that actuates the warning lamp. My guess is that switch has been jarred out of line with the pedal. 'Course if it hit a bump that hard, you need to check the front end and alignment over good.

If all the fluids look good and rubber parts aren't dry-rotted, you could try driving it home, but a car hauler might be cheap insurance. I'm kinda leery of U-haul tow dollies esp on a heavy old car like this Delta, plus you need a tow vehicle up to the task- a 3/4 ton pickup at the very least.

Find yourself a 1966 Oldsmobile factory Chassis Service Manual. It will be invaluable. There's also a Fisher Body manual and a convertible top operation manual which may still be in the glovebox.

PM me and I'll put you on to a Wilmington area policeman who is an AACA member and very familiar with NC old car licensing.

You a permanent Jax resident or a Marine Corps brat?
Thanks for all the advice. I'll try to remember to PM you, I'm on an iPod right now. And dang, what sucks is that his pickup is a 1/2 ton. And thanks for all the tips on the speedometer and all, I'll pass all this information onto my dad- since I don't jack about cars. And, I've lived here my whole life, my mom's side originated here. Grandpa was in the Military. Not sure if it was Marine or Air Core. All these Marines are crazy, you should see 'em.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'll probably have more questions.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM

welcome to the site.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Once u drive it...you'll be hooked and develop V8-atytis and there's no cure.Oldsmobility.com,mondellotwister.com,dickmill erracing .com and oldsperformanceproducts.com are helpful too.Welcome to the olds family.
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM

I think my dad's stuck on driving it back. Hmm. Got to get the title from the guy, tag it, get up there, and drive it back.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. I really, really, really like that red color. Double red with a white top, nice! Car should trailer fine. Your problems have already been addressed and I agree with rodketraider on the solutions.
When you get it home, the first thing to do is thoroughly check the brakes and repair anything that needs attention. Be sure the car can stop safely before you make it go fast.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Oldsdruid

Ye gods. Getting the car out of DC is going to be the trick if you drive it home. I'd recommend staying off I-95 if possible too except to get around Richmond; then again you might not get into as much stop and go if you're on the Interstate. Just remember traffic from DC to Richmond is insane at best. The other best option is 301 and 17, but even that takes you thru Hampton Roads.

I don't know jack about cars
That will change, my young friend. You will HAVE to learn something about them owning a car like this, b/c most current mechanics won't have a clue about it. Drum brakes, carbureted, nothing to hook a scan tool up to... it'll drive 'em nutz!

If Onslow County schools offer an auto technician vocational course, it might pay you to take it just for access to their tools and equipment. You'll probably stun the teacher with this Oldsmobarge.

Couple years back one of the hotrodder kids here was taking AT at the county vo-tech center and told his teacher about this wild-*** front wheel drive car he'd seen over the weekend (my 69 Toronado). The teacher told him he was full of it, that they didn't make FWD cars back then. So me and the T.Rex went to school for a show and tell. Teacher (who was all of 29 years old) walked around for a while...
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM

Nice car, I have 2 rear bumpers which are very straight but need rechroming
Old October 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Welcome to CO. I really, really, really like that red color. Double red with a white top, nice! Car should trailer fine. Your problems have already been addressed and I agree with rodketraider on the solutions.
When you get it home, the first thing to do is thoroughly check the brakes and repair anything that needs attention. Be sure the car can stop safely before you make it go fast.
Thanks, I love it too. My dad will probably make sure everything's fine, thanks for the tips.

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Ye gods. Getting the car out of DC is going to be the trick if you drive it home. I'd recommend staying off I-95 if possible too except to get around Richmond; then again you might not get into as much stop and go if you're on the Interstate. Just remember traffic from DC to Richmond is insane at best. The other best option is 301 and 17, but even that takes you thru Hampton Roads.

That will change, my young friend. You will HAVE to learn something about them owning a car like this, b/c most current mechanics won't have a clue about it. Drum brakes, carbureted, nothing to hook a scan tool up to... it'll drive 'em nutz!

If Onslow County schools offer an auto technician vocational course, it might pay you to take it just for access to their tools and equipment. You'll probably stun the teacher with this Oldsmobarge.

Couple years back one of the hotrodder kids here was taking AT at the county vo-tech center and told his teacher about this wild-*** front wheel drive car he'd seen over the weekend (my 69 Toronado). The teacher told him he was full of it, that they didn't make FWD cars back then. So me and the T.Rex went to school for a show and tell. Teacher (who was all of 29 years old) walked around for a while...
Funny of you to mention 17, we live right off of it in Jacksonville, and my dad said exactly what you said about taking 301 and 17 instead of 95. There is an automotive course, but not at my school. They do have one at the local community college, and dual-enrollment is allowed, so maybe I'll look into that. I wonder if they teach you -everything-? That's pretty funny, your story.

Originally Posted by HolidayCoupe
Nice car, I have 2 rear bumpers which are very straight but need rechroming
Awesome, might need them in the future. Thank ya. How much would you want for one of them? I'm short on money on account of using all the money in my bank account to buy the car.

Also, anyone know how long this car (reminder: 1966 Delta 88) is from front to back? I'd like to get an idea in my head and compare it to our suburban, that's all. Thanks!

Last edited by Affinity; October 15th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Grab you tape measure and have a go at it to get the length.

I took high school auto shop back in the dark ages. It was a big help we took a car apart down to the frame and did a full restor on every inch of it. Makes the hobby affordable. You really learn how to bust your knuckles
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Oldsdruid

Also, anyone know how long this car (reminder: 1966 Delta 88) is from front to back? I'd like to get an idea in my head and compare it to our suburban, that's all. Thanks!
It is 217" long, 80" wide, and 55" high- on a 123" wheelbase. Slightly over 18 feet long. A huge car by today's standards, but just a full-size car by standards of its own time.
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Speaking from experience...Take care of that ride like it were your mother. People rarely receive the opportunity you just did. That is classic Americana...rolling history. Treat it as such, and appreciate it. I didn't, and regret it to this day. I would strongly urge you to get a daily pounder for the druge work of commuting and use the old girl for weekend jaunts as she will not be so exposed to road raging commuters and other hazards of the road. That said welcome and congratulations.
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by csstrux
Speaking from experience...Take care of that ride like it were your mother. People rarely receive the opportunity you just did. That is classic Americana...rolling history. Treat it as such, and appreciate it. I didn't, and regret it to this day. I would strongly urge you to get a daily pounder for the druge work of commuting and use the old girl for weekend jaunts as she will not be so exposed to road raging commuters and other hazards of the road. That said welcome and congratulations.

I agree. Get a beater for the daily driver stuff.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Not enough money for that D:
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Yeah, but the cool thing about being in High School (for me anyway, up north here in CT) is that you can ride the bus in the winter instead of geting salt on your nice Olds, and you don't have to spend money or DMV time (worse than spending money!) on a beater!
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM

Yeah, but I'm out of district, they won't pick me up, lol.

My dad had an old Catalina that was a daily driver, hopefully he can help me keep this one in the great shape he says his was in (he's the guy that obsesses with how his cars and grass looks, and insists that the yard has stripes in it).

He likes the Oldsmobile too though, so I'm hoping he pitches in some money to help if I need it... He said that if I ever sell it, he wants at least half so he can buy the guy's '71 Malibu Chevelle since he's going to be doing all the work on it. Ha!

Anyway, I'll keep it in good enough shape to be a decent daily driver. ;D
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM

Welcome, Finally another oldsmobile here on the coast. I'm in Morehead City. Not many oldsmobiles in this area. Took mine to the Off-Shore Grand prix car show here in Morehead last month. Was the only olds there, Took 2nd place in the stock 71-83 car class. When you get the olds here, would love to take a look at it. Looks like you will have a nice ride. If I can be of any help just give a yell.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Captain of my ship

Yeah, but I'm out of district, they won't pick me up, lol.

My dad had an old Catalina that was a daily driver, hopefully he can help me keep this one in the great shape he says his was in (he's the guy that obsesses with how his cars and grass looks, and insists that the yard has stripes in it).

He likes the Oldsmobile too though, so I'm hoping he pitches in some money to help if I need it... He said that if I ever sell it, he wants at least half so he can buy the guy's '71 Malibu Chevelle since he's going to be doing all the work on it. Ha!

Anyway, I'll keep it in good enough shape to be a decent daily driver. ;D
You don't really get a lot of snow in the winter there do you? when you do get it do they salt the roads or are you near the ocean? You can use it as a daily driver and keep the body and frame clean. salt is the enemy up here as they use it on the roads all winter so my car stays in the garage. On my daily driver 2007 Colorado I spray on Fluid Film to use as undercoating , I find it to be the best thing to use but needs to be applied every year. Rubberized undercoating is really bad cause it traps moisture and over time will separate from the frame or floor but still hold together. All the while the car is rusting underneath.
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bcracing
Welcome, Finally another oldsmobile here on the coast. I'm in Morehead City. Not many oldsmobiles in this area. Took mine to the Off-Shore Grand prix car show here in Morehead last month. Was the only olds there, Took 2nd place in the stock 71-83 car class. When you get the olds here, would love to take a look at it. Looks like you will have a nice ride. If I can be of any help just give a yell.
Awesome, never been to Morehead myself unless I was passing through on our way somewhere. I'm planning to take it some shows, but not planning on placing, I'd just like to hear the comments from people after it's all done being fixed up. Thanks for the help offer.

Originally Posted by wolfman98
You don't really get a lot of snow in the winter there do you? when you do get it do they salt the roads or are you near the ocean? You can use it as a daily driver and keep the body and frame clean. salt is the enemy up here as they use it on the roads all winter so my car stays in the garage. On my daily driver 2007 Colorado I spray on Fluid Film to use as undercoating , I find it to be the best thing to use but needs to be applied every year. Rubberized undercoating is really bad cause it traps moisture and over time will separate from the frame or floor but still hold together. All the while the car is rusting underneath.
Nope, no snow since last year I believe, and it flurried for maybe five minutes. It hasn't snowed, actually, for about ten years. The roads get icy at most but by the afternoon it's all melted.

Anyway, we've got a Honda Passport in the drive that needs new transmission fluid. Dad wants me to help, so I'll be on later. Thanks for the replies.
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:33 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I've got a question.

What are some good movers that good get it from Kensington, MD, to Jacksonville, NC for a low price? And does anyone know the weight of this car?
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:50 AM

I think that car weighs about 4500 lbs. Make sure you get a *huge* trailer. My friend trailered my 98 home for me because I didn't want to drive home on the highway with the booster gone... anyway he brought his biggest trailer, a humongous solid aluminum one with a 6000 lb capacity. Good thing he did because that car was PACKED onto that trailer, literally like a couple inches on each side, and the back bumper was sticking out off the back of the trailer.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy that Olds!
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM

Morehead City is about 25 miles east straight out 24. I can check with my son about shipping the car. His old boss had a RX-7 shipped from Texas to Jacksonville a few years back, He paid somewhere around $650 to have it shipped. I don't remember the name of the compnay, but can get it from my son. They were really good, took great care of the car, and brought it right to his driveway.

Quick Reply: 1966 Delta 88 Owner-to-Be