The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1962 F85 Cutlass Coupe

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2014, 01:34 PM

1962 F85 Cutlass Coupe

I'm new to this site but wanted to find a good home for what was my High School car. I have a 1962 F85 Cutlass Coupe with the Aluminum 215 V8. I had the engine completely rebuilt as well as the transmission back in oh god 1999. I have maybe put about 12,000 mile tops on the rebuild then parked it when I went to college. From college I moved to Oregon from Washington and didn't have room to take it with me. Now I'm married with a 18 month old daughter and just don't have time to go back and finish my project. I need to get this out of my fathers way but want it to go to a good home.

I will work on getting photos of it right now it is at my father in laws house who is a mechanic. He got it back running for me from sitting for so long. I need to rebuild the carb and take a look at a tic comming from a lifter. Anyway I started to prep it for paint but as you know never got to it. I still have the original paint color the red with white roof. I'm not sure if it is better to part this car our or sell it to one person to finish my project.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this car please send me a message and I will be happy to get back to you just as soon as I can. I hope that I can find this car a great home or help someone out that is trying to finish restoring their own car.
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I suggest you start a thread with pictures and what the car needs in the "Cars for sale" section. Include a price and location in the post. It seems these are getting popular as of late on the site, as there have been quite a few join lately.

Good luck.