Finally started!!!

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Finally started!!!

Car is under way!!! 350 out, 455 in. Frame and all suspension parts are at the powder coater.

Old October 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
same but different

Betcha can't wait I Love the tear down process, gets a little exciting uh?
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Very!!! I hit the halfway point last weekend, as soon as I get the frame back I can start reassembling!!!
Old October 16th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onetogofast
Very!!! I hit the halfway point last weekend, as soon as I get the frame back I can start reassembling!!!

Then comes the famous, oh hell while I'm in here I ought'as!!!! It's hard to stay focused when one thing leads to another!!

Lookin good, can't wait to see it complete!
Old October 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM

It's funny you say that, I never intended to pull the body off but did not want to powder coat everything but the frame and bolt those pieces on. My father-in-law asked me three times that day if I was sure I want to do that... LOL good thing we did, I will be really happy now
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Got everything back from powder coating and he put it on thick, probably four coats, looks awesome. I have to get a few more suspension bushing and I can have it sitting back on wheels and tires. Need all the engine internals (which will hurt lol) all the lines and a bunch of little things and I should be able to put it back together for a test run!!! Pics of the frame will come soon...
Old November 7th, 2011, 02:50 AM

I'm getting ready to start on my car. I'm a little nervous since it don't need much. I just want to freshen the paint up. I still plan on disasemmbling the car, so we can paint each panel separate. I want to take it of the frame too and then again I don't. I've already ordered all the interior parts that I want to replace. What do you think you'll have in $$ to complete your project? I'm hoping to come in around $3k. My friend is painting it. I will be helping with the blocking to keep cost down.

cutlass.jpg
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by myolds72
I'm getting ready to start on my car. I'm a little nervous since it don't need much. I just want to freshen the paint up. I still plan on disasemmbling the car, so we can paint each panel separate. I want to take it of the frame too and then again I don't. I've already ordered all the interior parts that I want to replace. What do you think you'll have in $$ to complete your project? I'm hoping to come in around $3k. My friend is painting it. I will be helping with the blocking to keep cost down.

I you sure that you want to paint all of the panels separate? Been there. Mix, humidity, gun pressure, distance from panel, etc etc, has to match. Otherwise, you will probably see a difference once assembled. JMO

Old November 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM

we panel painted my BMW and it came out fine. It's black, would that make a difference?