Rally Pack/Gauge trim/text color

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:59 AM

Rally Pack/Gauge trim/text color

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this post, but I figured these are interior items, and I'm not asking about the electrical nor installation aspects, so here goes...

I purchased a "set" of Rally Pack gauges from a member here a few years ago. I am finally getting around to refreshing, then installing them. They are both "year correct" manufacture for my '68 4-4-2. The Fuel gauge cluster has an 8/67 date on the circuit board. The Tac cluster, while not disassembled all the way to expose the circuit board, has a stamped "inspected by" string of numbers that seems to indicate a 1968 build - at least "67" is embedded at the end of the string.

Here is the interesting aspect. On the face of each unit, the text/numerals, and trim, are different colors, from one pod to the other. One is silver/aluminum in color (tach), the other (fuel) appears to be bronze.

It is kind of hard to see in the pic - I got the cleanest white light source I could find. Is this from the factory? What do you guys think? And what are your opinions as to refinishing? Should I go with silver or bronze when refinishing?

Last edited by BackInTheGame; May 3rd, 2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: corrected year of "inspected by" text