adding power antenna, and vacuum trunk - need routing help

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM

adding power antenna, and vacuum trunk - need routing help

adding power antenna that was missing from my car. It originally came with it installed in the trunk, but it was missing when i got it.
i got the switch, and a working power antenna - need advice and possible pics on how the wires, and antenna get from the switch in the dash to the fuse block, and then to the antenna in the trunk. The factory manual shows sorta how its routed in the trunk, but no help in between.

also adding original vacuum trunk on a factory AC car. could use a good picture or diagram on where the second vacuum tank mounts on the dash (factory manual unclear again), and how are the hoses routed to the trunk?

any help is appreciated

thanks

Mike
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Best bet is to go on ebay and get an Assembly Manual. They're only available as reprints and cost about $20. Shows every nut and bolt and how everything is routed.

C.J.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM

thanks for the help, but i need more help than a factory assembly manual
i have a factory assembly manual for my car and its not detailed enough to help me, and thats why im here asking for better help.
i got the manual from year one and while it does have several missing pages, none of them are faded, and the ones that are there are easy to see/read unlike one of the manuals floating around

anyways - back to the specific questions

on the power vacuum trunk - the vacuum tank - section 1-2 pg 112, it shows it mounted above the fuse block somewhere - cannot tell from the factory manual if its under the fender or not, and if it is, how do the hoses get from the vacuum tank located above the engine to the trunk vacuum tank? hole in the fender? pics of this would be really appreciated.

also, there is no mention of how the vacuum hoses get from the tank in the engine bay to the solenoid in the trunk - zero illustrations whatsoever in the factory manual
does the vacuum hose run underneath the vehicle to the trunk? does it go back inside of the vehicle through the firewall and run to the trunk with the intermediate wire harness that feeds the trunk lights?, how does the vacuum hose get to the trunk, and hows it routed inside of the trunk

sorry, but the factory assembly manual i have doesnt help, and my searches on the internet turn up nothing - that is why im here asking for more detailed help.

now the power antenna questions
my manual shows how it gets fed from the fuse block so you can skip answering that part, but it doesnt show what happens to the antenna and wires from the switch to the trunk - it says they are routed under the carpet to the switch - where do they run to the trunk at, with the intermediate wire harness?? it sort of looks like it runs under the console? in the center of the car from the assembly manual?
where does it pop into the trunk at?
how is it routed in the trunk to the point where it attaches to the antenna?

thanks, but looking for a bit more detailed info than what the factory manual offers.

Mike
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Sorry...wish I could offer more. Good luck.

C.J.
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsfan
It would help if we knew what Oldsmobile we were dealing with.

Paul
1968 442 convertible - sorry bout that