H/O Emblem Die Plate

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:00 AM
Olds Fanatic

H/O Emblem Die Plate

This is interesting...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HURST-OLDS-...wAAOSwsvVd5UsO

Old December 4th, 2019, 05:16 AM

I'll bet Fusick would like to see this, the lettering looks spot on.
Old December 4th, 2019, 05:55 AM

Very interesting, but at $3500 it would take a substantial amount of time to recoup the cost. It would be great to have the back story
Old December 4th, 2019, 07:30 AM

To be correct, its not a die plate. Its a stamping DIE SET. Its for stamping steel/aluminum sheet, not finished parts. It would be helpful to know what it was used for.
......Just my two cents worth.
Old December 4th, 2019, 08:18 AM

They can keep it for that price
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Olds Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueCalais79
I'll bet Fusick would like to see this, the lettering looks spot on.
I thought the same thing. I have to go up to there place next week to pick up some parts, might show them the listing.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:59 AM

Looks more like the mold for plastic injection? Not a “stamping die”.
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:52 AM
www.gbodyolds.com

Guy has been trying to sell that mold for over 15 years now... he was selling reproduction H/O emblems with the wrong font for years.
Look at the S in 'OLDS' among other letters... it's the later reproduction vs the picture of the emblem with the correct font and S in 'OLDS', seems deceptive to me...
Seller also sells stuff for ridiculous amounts too and doesn't seem to trustworthy, I had hood trim show up bent in half and he was a dick about it...
Old December 29th, 2019, 09:19 AM

Just going to toss this in there...Saler2 on ebay is the famous/infamous (depends on how your last dealings went with him) Don Hartmann from formerly "A Little Different" notoriety. If he's even still alive. No idea of his age. He was into a bunch of H/O stuff back in the day about 20 years ago. A bit pricey but he had it if you needed it, usually. I know he had something going on with the H/O emblems and was repro'ing them. He used to sell the little inside H/O console emblems for the longest time. Don't know what ever happened to that. I do remember the first 84 H/O stripe kit I got from Don and that thing was the next best thing from NOS I'd ever seen. It was on one big sheet rolled up and I had to cut out all the stripes by hand (think of a big 1:1 scale, model car decal sheet), but all the pieces were there and it was thick as the originals. And screen printed in the manner of the original stripes. Never saw another kit like it. Even Stencils and Stripes suck hard compared to that kit. Had to repaint the car because of the idiots who did it the first time didn't do something right and it started wrinkling in spots, so I had to lose that kit. Needless to say, he didn't have another one so my last kit I had no choice but to go Stencils and Stripes.

I talked to him and Doc Watson about H/O stuff and those guys knew each other. To what extent, I have no idea. I got a feeling there was more to that than met the eye, but both of those guys seem like wheeler/dealers anyway. Not sure if it's actually him on ebay now or his relatives or what not, because he used to sell a lot of other stuff you'd see in a brick-a-brack shop too along with H/O stuff, so I think his wife or S.O. was running a shop for that sort of stuff and he just tagged along. The first time he tried selling that H/O emblem die he was asking 10K. He also had a die for the 68 H/O emblems he was trying to sell too. Not sure if he ever sold that one. Must have been a while since he used it because his version of emblems aren't out there everywhere.

Oh well, just more fodder for the fire.

Last edited by 69HO43; December 29th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.