General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

electric choke on holley 4160

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2011, 02:55 AM

electric choke on holley 4160

Having a little trouble with my choke on my Holley 4160.

Recently had to replace my choke cap , long story short it was damaged.

installed replacement cap but now it seems as though the choke doesn't work just right.

OK so my issue started like this... I go to start the car first thing in morning (1970 cutlass s 350/350 ) and by depressing the throttle the choke doesn't engage. I have to manually close it. Car then starts fine and then i'm good to go. Once up to temp choke opens up ( seemed to no drivability problems). Have good voltage and ground to cap.

So The other day I go and manually close choke ( know its an issue just feel like driving the cutlass) , finish my coffee giving her plenty of time to warm up. Granted the car is garaged, reverse and take off to work. Now there is a problem when i try to accelerate seems like choke is still closed. I pull over and I am correct, manually open and drive off no problems.

Looked on holleys website not alot of info on how to verify chokes linkage proper operation. I'm assuming that is what i'm experiencing. Open to any info or suggestions on how to verify the proper operation of this choke

thanks in advance

steven