General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Cruise control levers interchangeability.

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2014, 09:27 AM

Cruise control levers interchangeability.

I'll repost here, I had the question a while ago in electrical. (Is cruise control supposed to be in electrical or drivetrain sections? Hah.)

Anyway, in the trek to collect Every 67 Option Under The Sun, I have acquired a cruise control setup sans control lever. This is your normal turn signal stick with an extra button on the end with a wire going down the column. I have a nice tilt column to install it upon.

If you all could furnish the customary expert advice on the subject of what years were the same, I can begin to look for one (I see some on Ebay from time to time.) Additionally, if one were to have showcar quality or NOS one that was looking for a new home, I'd be interested in a sale. (Once I figure out what years I want I'll put up a want ad in the appropriate section.)

Thanks.
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM

I am not positive but I believe the 67 - 70 stalks (chrome fluted end) were the same and those are very expensive as there are very few around. Though a 71-76 will work just fine.
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:45 PM

So I did some looking, and I think I already have one of these on my Monte Carlo. I thought it needed a screw in, but that's apparently Toronado. This one is just a pass through bolt.

My Monte Carlo got stolen while I was at school, and the cruise control wire got snipped when the hoods peeled the column. I do have the original stick (it needs a new harness) but the Nashville GM dealer gave me a replacement stick on the car that's actually the stick I need for my 442, with the chrome fluted end, the black engraving that says "<-- CRUISE" and the black tip and button.

Who'da thunk it?