General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

coil spring installation

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2014, 05:08 AM

coil spring installation

I am installing new coil springs on a 1968 oldsmobile 442 convertible my question is are there supposed to be coil spring bushings or insulators on the front springs, if there are supposed to be are they located on the upper part of the spring or the lower part of the spring, and on the rear suspension coil springs are they located on the upper or lower part of the spring. thanks for any information and knowledge
Old November 25th, 2014, 05:45 AM

no insulators...

On my 69 there are no insulators on the front and there are two on top for the rear springs rockauto sells them for the rear. You should look at the chasis manual as the springs sit a certain way, there is a small slot on the front upper control arm that you line up with the spring end. Also there is a certain way the ends point I cant remember right now but will have a look later.

Please be careful when screwing around with the front springs, use a spring compressor etc its no joke they are under some serious pressure , guys change them without compressors and there are a few techniques but again the chasis manual tells you the right way for r and r

Speed on brutha
Old November 25th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Administrator

No isolators on the front.