General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

warning: seller

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM

warning: seller

Do not buy from this seller anything, he knows how to cheat, and do' nt know what he is selling.www.gmobsolete.com, name Jerry Hammer.

Old June 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM

We really appreciate all the information that was given to us. Care to tell a story behind it?
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Administrator

X2 - there must be a story.
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM

The issueis part of the fuel sendingunit . On the page of the company
Is visible this part cylider shaped like for 1969 Toronado it shouldbe. To me wastold that these are also sold to Toronados. I trusted him and I paid $ 270 postedto my country, as well as the rate of customs.But the part was 1 inctoo short, but it works, but the tank remains empty after the emty point of gasoline. Scamwas there that was not part of the fitting, however,he claimed Toronado owners bought them.

Thank you for reading

Old June 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM

Edit:.. In the tank remain gas after the emty point..
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Administrator

There is supposed to be some gas in the tank when the gauge initially reads empty. It's a built in reserve to allow you to get to a gas station before completely running out of fuel. The old fuel gauges were inaccurate in accordance with the markings and how much fuel was in the tank. In other words it could stay between 1/2 and full for what seemed like forever, and then drop really fast from 1/2 to empty

Does your gauge read full when it's full? It is normal for the gauge to go past full if it's filled all the way to the neck.

Last edited by oldcutlass; June 21st, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM

This thing is pretty new to me now, but I assume that the gauge reads correctly full and emty, because the resistance is the same as the original gauge. In any case, this new one is shorter than the orginal. Let's see how it works, maybe I ll learn to live with it.
But the seller was anything other than an expert.

Old June 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM

To me it sounds like the seller misrepresented the part as fully correct for the buyer's car, whereas in reality it is 25mm short and does not draw all the available fuel from the tank. Some users may consider this a problem.

On the other hand, when putting in new parts, the installer has the duty to check against the old part, and verify that it is functionally acceptable. Sounds to me like it just needed to be modified to suit.

It's not like you can just get another one.
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Just the facts...

i've bought from him once, in the past, no problems with a headlight bezel for a '73 delta.

bill
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought he was saying that the tank wasn't actually empty when the gauge read empty, not that it would not pickup the most of the remaining fuel.
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought he was saying that the tank wasn't actually empty when the gauge read empty, not that it would not pickup the most of the remaining fuel.
I think it's both with those senders - the sender is also the pickup and is supposed to essentially touch the bottom of the tank.

If it isn't long enough, you can lose a significant amount of your fuel capacity.

- Eric