General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Rons Classic Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Rons Classic Cutlass

I just read an earlier thread that was bashing Ron Memmer. It was closed so I could not post any of my experiences with him. Ron is a dedicated Oldsmobile guy. He has LOTS of parts. All I can say is if you ask him for any parts more than likely he has them and while it may seem expensive he is reasonable for 50 year old NOS parts. You can inspect them BEFORE you buy. I have had NO bad experiences with him and when I got something I didn't like he was more than happy to exchange parts. Ron is an honest guy and a HUGE asset to our hobby. I met him 28 years ago at Mondello Olds natonals at Norwalk ohio. Some of the parts I bought from him then are a BARGAIN now. He has the RARE parts and NOS stuff that you may be looking for. I just don't want to see one guy bash his reputation as I feel he is HONEST. Ive had NO problem with him and we have had MANY thousands of dollars of transactions between us. Michael Dodson
Old April 26th, 2019, 06:51 AM

I agree, I know some people complain about his prices but I know of many occasions where he was less money than someone else.
Old April 27th, 2019, 04:13 AM

I've dealt with Ron a few times since I bought my 442 & I'd buy from him again. Sure he can be pricey but the bottom line is he has the "stuff". I'm glad that there is someone out there that took the time years ago to save the parts that he did!!
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:28 AM

I will chime in and agree with everyone. I think it goes back to timing, supply, demand, and what is going on at the time. He is pricey on some things and very reasonable on others. He is knowledgeable and a valuable asset to the Olds community. Usually if he doesn't have something, he knows where to find it. I believe when he can give you a discount or better deal, he does, but when something is rare or commands top dollar he charges you accordingly. If you ever have an issue with something, he always makes it right. I would recommend him and I still continue to buy from him.
Old May 30th, 2019, 04:00 AM

https://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/pts/6887786631.html
Old May 30th, 2019, 10:33 AM

I refuse to believe that Ron would risk losing the trust of the Oldsmobile community, by scamming someone. Asking what some think are too high of prices and intentionally ripping someone off are two different animals. Ron has the right to ask whatever he wants for his parts. If you don't like it, don't buy them. I've met him several times and he's definitely a shrewd fella. He scours the swap meet for anything that he can make a buck off of and buys it. I don't see anything wrong with that. If I had his knowledge and commitment to the brand, I'd do the same thing.

Last edited by Cincinnati Rick; May 30th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old May 30th, 2019, 10:55 AM

I totally agree with Rick regarding Ron. Very well said Rick. Ron knows this market very well and let's face it, he is doing it to make a buck. The fact he loves doing it is a bonus. I don't think he is a scammer or anything like that. I have never heard anyone say he deliberately screwed someone or didn't pay for something he should have. Not saying it couldn't happen, only saying knowing Ron the way I do, I don't think he is that type of man.
Sal
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Using the craigslist ad as reference. Ron is not going to give full retail for parts he's going to resell. Have no opinion on the check quote.
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:59 AM

Heck I thought I found a hood perusing craigslist today...then read its from the Oldsmobile Parts Complaint Dept...Was at the Indpls. Motor Speedway during May working on a race car and was catching on my reading today since I was pre occupied all month....#19 Santino Ferrucci..2019 Indy 500 Rookie of The Year. (Born in Woodberry, Connecticut.. BTW)
Old May 30th, 2019, 01:12 PM

This is the same one guy that was here on CO, OldsCentral, and other places.

I always try to buy low and sell high, it's the American way!
Old May 30th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Olds Fever

I have invested a lot over the years for my parts inventory with two goals in mind... The first and foremost was to make a profit on my investment which would be no different then someone playing the stock market - buy low and sell high... Second was to support the Oldsmobile hobby I enjoy, and in so doing, have been flexible and reasonable in my prices... HOWEVER, quite often there is that one buyer that you just can't satisfy... Fortunately for me I have only met one such person and hopefully it will be the last...