General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Ottawa Area Olds Guys

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:28 AM

Ottawa Area Olds Guys

Hey guys , I've landed a position with the FarmBoy grocer chain who will be opening a store here in London and most of my training will be spent in Ottawa throughout the month of May.My training schedule will consist of 10 days in Ottawa and 4 days back home , so I'm sure I'll have some free time to check out Ottawa and area .So being that I've never been to Ottawa before this will be my opportunity to do some site seeing and looking for some things to do.
Knowing that there are some ClassicOlds members within that area it would be cool to maybe meet up with some of you guys and get an upclose look at your Oldsmobiles.Thnx Brian
Old April 18th, 2014, 07:16 AM

Ottawa

Hi Brian;
I am in the east end of Ottawa(Rockland).
Lots to see here in the "nation's capital", make sure u check out the byward market. Also lots of weekly car shows. There is a fair number of Oldsmobiles as well. I am finishing up a 70 W30 & hopefully will be on the road soon.
Give me a call & maybe we can hookup.
Dick
613 446-2636
Old April 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM

Thanks man , I will , love to see your W30 !
Old April 21st, 2014, 07:24 AM

Welcome to Ottawa Brian! Even if it's only temporary.

First the important stuff, car shows! If you are into car shows, you're in luck. There is already a list of all the 2014 car shows in the Ottawa area. You can find them at the following links: Car Shows and Cruise nights.

Monkey Joe's is a good car show. Normally a couple of hundred cars.

The Tuesday night cruise night in Kanata (Hazeldean Mall) is a good one and I'm normally there every week. The Wednesday night one at Rideau Carleton Raceway is another good one.

There is also a local car forum called 6one3.

A CO meet would be nice too. We did one once before, even had Tony from Montreal come down. I was trying to plan another one this summer, but haven't had a chance yet. When you know when you will be in town, let us now and we'll see what we can do.

Feel free to send me a PM or email.

As for other sight-seeing, we have a selection of museums being the Capital. We have an Aviation Museum, the Museum of Science and Technology, Museum of Nature.

I agree with Dick, you have to visit the Byward Market. And try a Beaver Tail while you're there.

Parliament hill is something to see as well. Free access as far as I know, but you need to find parking offsite downtown.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM

Hey man , thanks , I'm looking forward to getting to Ottawa even if it's only for the month of May . I'll definitely have to check out the car shows.