General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Nut, bolt and hardware ID 72 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM

Nut, bolt and hardware ID 72 Cutlass

I have an assembly manual for my 72 Cutlass covert and I am putting in a T44 interior hood latch release. the manual says I need 2 9419663 screws for the interior mounting!???

The car is very original down to the orig carb, rad, upper ball joints, console, Am/FM Stereo radio, etc, so I'm trying to keep it as such.

Does anyone know where I might get part number info on such things as attaching hardware? Any companies out there that caters to this?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:59 PM

If I remember correctly they are very similar to if not the same as the screws that hold the AC lap vent assy. at the bottom of the dash or any of the quarter inch headed black screws that hold the dash together?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:15 PM

Ahh, that's a good idea. Use the Assembly manual to identify another identical screw that I already have, such as the A/C vent screw. I have the same situation for the screws that hold the clamps under the hood.

Thanks oldspackrat
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:36 PM

if you search my screen name, i sold one a year or two ago and the bolts where with it..i posted pics..but dont have access right now to the pics on my computer
Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by FlyBoy72
I have an assembly manual for my 72 Cutlass covert and I am putting in a T44 interior hood latch release. the manual says I need 2 9419663 screws for the interior mounting!???

The car is very original down to the orig carb, rad, upper ball joints, console, Am/FM Stereo radio, etc, so I'm trying to keep it as such.
At the risk of offending you, I must point out that adding equipment that was not installed from the factory means that the car is no longer "original". Certainly you are free to do whatever you want to the car, but don't kid yourself that the car is still "original" after adding the hood release. There are far too many "original" cars out there that now have every option in the sales catalog, whether they were built that way or not. Saying that you want to keep the car "factory correct" would be a better way to phrase it.

Again, I'm not criticizing what you are trying to do, just trying to clarify terminology.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM

They are #8 x 18 x 1/2", you can get them from AMK.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Lance

FWIW, AMK has these GM hardware parts numbers listed in their catalog, so you can use this as a good "general reference".

https://www.amkproducts.com/
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
At the risk of offending you, I must point out that adding equipment that was not installed from the factory means that the car is no longer "original". Certainly you are free to do whatever you want to the car, but don't kid yourself that the car is still "original" after adding the hood release. There are far too many "original" cars out there that now have every option in the sales catalog, whether they were built that way or not. Saying that you want to keep the car "factory correct" would be a better way to phrase it.

Again, I'm not criticizing what you are trying to do, just trying to clarify terminology.
Unfortunately, I've already had an oil cap and dipstick stolen from the car when some one went and popped the hood and helped themselves. And I didn't want to do the chain down thing I've done in the past. So at this point it's the best option.

Appreciate your comment, but I will not be turning it into a 442 wanabe
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by mrolds69
They are #8 x 18 x 1/2", you can get them from AMK.
Thanks, That's the info I'm looking for,
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKET VAPOR
FWIW, AMK has these GM hardware parts numbers listed in their catalog, so you can use this as a good "general reference".

https://www.amkproducts.com/
Will be checking them out. Thanks.