General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM

Need Opinions

I need a little help, and the folks on this site seem to be the experts.

My mother has been keeping a 72 Delta 88 Convertible that belonged to my grandfather in her barn for many years (still runs like a top). She is moving and is considering selling it. We have no idea what to ask. It is Blue with white interior/top. To my knowledge it is 100% original. It also has the factory 455. I know pics would help, and I've asked her for some but she's old and it may be a bit

Any ideas on what these cars fetch? Just looking for opinions, as the car is NOT for sale yet, she's still trying to decide.

Hit me with any questions about the car that will help. Thanks in advance to those that can help.

Dan
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I had one of those..... brown on brown.
It was a nice car, but me being 17 yrs old when I bought it, I didn't have the 10 grand worth of work that the car needed, so I kept the motor and sold the body.

There were only about 3800 of them made I believe, so yours is a definite survivor.

Unfortunately, few people want these cars, and rare does not mean valuable.
I have an extra rear interior panel laying around that you can have if you want an extra.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Past Administrator

There are so many variables, condition of car, market in your area, and model are just three. To you advantage, a convertible will bring you more than a hardtop or sedan would but that could play against you too if it isn't in good condition. You really need to get some pictures posted. I haven't seen many recently at ebay but you might check there for comparison. Good luck.