General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

My Uncle Bought Another...

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2014, 09:14 PM

My Uncle Bought Another...

Well, my Uncle just added another Olds to his collection, making this his 20th Olds owned! This was a friend's car that he's wanted for about 20 years now...and it looks like it's sat for just as long. It's very dirty...but also very solid. Before today, I had never seen a car with so much Cosmoline on it. It's disgusting! But it definitely worked, the car hasn't rusted. This '74 has a 350 Rocket and a Continental trunk. Which is my big question, just how rare is that trunk? I've actually never seen one with it, and we're wondering if it increases the value any. 53k on the odometer, and stinky (but beautiful) red interior.
The Cutlass and the Starfire (which I'm most likely going to by after going and looking at it) are the same color, I think! I'll include pics I got of that as well. So, everyone, say hello to our newest additions to our Olds collection.

The Cutlass
zTQRnRr.jpg
ovWMU66.jpg
k8DYQOh.jpg
LPoLpI1.jpg
NO9HtrR.jpg
The Starfire
8zekCjL.jpg
OvQ7MFA.jpg
8ovAvrS.jpg
mUktSP7.jpg
dhy9Qsd.jpg
96Kxs7y.jpg
That second picture is of the Firenza fender flares and splitter he's including. I'm really happy about that.
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:30 AM

Nice to see another 74 a body cutlass saved. Buy the 74 off him and drive it everyday like I do with mine.
Old August 9th, 2014, 01:19 PM

drove a sunbird of the same vintage as the star fire. was red also with the iron duke and a 4 speed .
Old August 9th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
drove a sunbird of the same vintage as the star fire. was red also with the iron duke and a 4 speed .
I can't wait to bring it home! I'm getting a TON of original documentation with it, ,too. Don't know if it's all of it yet, but it contains the build sheet and that makes me really happy! Part of me really wishes it was a standard shift, but there's barely any room to drive the car with boots now, so I couldn't imagine trying to use a clutch with size 10.5 feet.
Old August 9th, 2014, 08:23 PM

I think the trunk lid is an aftermarket fiberglass piece. I've been sitting on several of them for many years.

Henry
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by 66400
I think the trunk lid is an aftermarket fiberglass piece. I've been sitting on several of them for many years.

Henry
I think you may be right, I'll have to check up on that when it comes home!