General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

My Car- Damage question?

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2010, 08:14 AM

My Car- Damage question?

I finally got around to taking some picks of my car. I had limited space to take them. The damage on the front is what i have a question about. HOW MUCH? The bumber is bent, the plastic shield is cracked, some of the grill brackets are broken. Just curious is anyone had an idea on how bad this might be and what it might cost to fix? here is the link to the pics below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48770643@N07/?saved=1

Ryan
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Depends if the grillls can be repaired or if you want to go with a new bumper or have that one straightened and replated.
Could be a few hundred less that way.

If you buy the parts repro', the bumper, stone shield, grills, etc., you're talking almost a thousand bucks. If that's all that is wrong . If that one is too bent up you may you have to get another hood latch support. The stone shield has to be painted, otherwise just R and R. If you're talking having a shop do it figure double and add half.
I have no idea actually, not a real hard job, a good body guy should have the whole job done in less than a half a a day if he painted the stone shield ahead of time.
I know I could, I've had mine apart and back together a couple times in a day.:
I pulled my whole front clip loose last Sunday and re-aligned the core support, the hood alignment wasn't perfect and it bugged me.